Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: pain before during and after my period  (Read 1226 times)

amanda46

pain before during and after my period
« on: December 10, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »

Hi Ladies  this is my first time posting. I am so worried and frightened, i have had irregular periods for the past couple of years when i say irregular i mean some come every  28 days then 22 days and the longest 42 days but mainly 23/25 days now.  I have for the last couple of months has bad period pains before during and now after my period, i feel bloated and nauseous and  slight back ache. I am suffering extreme anxiety as when i look on the internet pain after your period can be either fibroids, endometriosis and PID, i have been to see my gp several times re this and she has simply said its anxiety and perimenopause, i have just has a USS and TVUSS the lady said all was ok apart from a couple of gall stones. So it must be PID my gp says not as i have had a swab all negative and have no discharge but, i have looked on the internet and you can have no discharge and a negative swab and still have PID , so now im thinking am 47 and all this is not peri but a disease plaese help.

Joaniepat

Re: pain before during and after my period
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:46:03 PM »

Hi amanda64, welcome to the MM forum.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough at the moment. I don't know enough about perimenopause to advise you, but I am sure one of the more knowledgeable ladies will be along soon. Your GP sounds quite thorough. Are you taking, or have you been offered, HRT? I also wonder if any of your symptoms could be down to the gallstones?

JP x

Salad

Re: pain before during and after my period
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:51 PM »

Sorry you feel poorly - Have they ruled out Adenomyosis?
That gave me pain pretty much throughout the whole month - might be worth asking about  :)

:welcomemm: