Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Advice- I’m cracking up!😂  (Read 2233 times)

Kwebst

Advice- I’m cracking up!😂
« on: November 24, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »

Hiya.
I've a feeling I'm not going to get a definitive answer but any advice would b welcome. My anxiety levels are through the roof- I feel like I've swallowed a brick and my shoulders are up somewhere about my ears. I have a lot of worries just now, my son has been not well for a while and we have some money worries. I know both of these should pass but I've never felt like this before. Couple weeks ago I changed to tridestra -do you think this could be a cause too? Any advice welcome. My brain feels like a hamster on a wheel! 😆

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice- I’m cracking up!😂
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »

Been there!  Despite this being probably caused by hormones, do see your GP about some anti-anxiety medication (ducks below parapet).  With 'this time of year' adding extra stressors, maybe Valium or similar 'as necessary' will help.  I have used medication with success, taking it prior to any events that I was unable to avoid.  When anxiety hits, it takes about 10 mins. B4 I'm suicidal  :-\

There are also some anti-depressant medications which when used with HRT, can ease flushes and anxiety.  I am sure that someone will be along to suggest this. 

Make notes of how you are feeling, get a double appt. with your GP and discuss.  Make sure too that you are getting support for your son!!

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 11:20:36 AM »

Oh! have a  :bighug:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »

In my experience, whether on HRT or not, I simply don't cope with stress so well these days. Modern life is getting ever more tough - we have to work till our late 60s, our children need a lot more support for longer, we have elderly relations living far longer and needing more support and life is simply more complex.
A hundred years ago, most women died before meno hit, it was probably those that didn't suffer badly with the menopause that got through the meno and beyond. If you were wealthy then you lay down with the ‘vapours'( you became an ‘invalid') or your husband had you committed to an asylum !!!!
Whilst I would love to be functioning as I did 10 years ago, I have come to terms with the fact I simply have to be more selfish these days and say NO to things I don't like or want to do as much as possible - the problems still come though. DG x

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 11:51:04 AM »

:thankyou:  DG.  Also, women years ago continued child bearing until their 40s, particularly in the slums ....... both my Grannies were in their mid-80s when they died, they had wrinkly old-age skin around neck and arms but were jolly enough; Mum is now 91 ..........

Kwebst

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »

Thanks ladies, I'm finding it hard because I've always been a coper and I'm struggling with not having a great deal of control in my life at the moment. I was on 20 mg citalopram and reduced it to 10, months ago because I was feeling so much better on the hrt but I maybe need to put it back up to 20 to get me through this patch. Either that or it may be a glass of wine (only 1!) at night😆 I don't really want to change hrt again because this is my 4th type!
Thanks for the hugs, nice to know there are other basket cases out there! 😂 being female is crap at times with the pressures and responsibilities we have. I thought life got easier when you got older! Lol!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 02:06:21 PM »

Does the current HRT ease symptoms?

I vary my AD dependant on how my brain feels.  With my GPs' knowledge. 

Alcohol won't help, during The Change many ladies find it makes them feel worse.  It is also a depressant.  It's The Change when Life alters including our coping skills  ::)

Kwebst

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 10:19:00 PM »

Hiya
Just thought I'd update. Finally admitted to myself I'm not well. Been crying constantly for 5 days and just couldn't take it any more. Went to doc who has been fabulous. So supportive. Been signed off and citalopram dose doubled to 40mg. Not too happy about 40mg but I need something to help me just now. Also come off tridestra and back onto femseven. Femseven wasn't perfect but I'm not convinced the tridestra was for me and I know the femseven was the best out of everything I've tried. Seriously stressed with family issues just now but just Not sure if the tridestra was contributing too.
Only way is up! Hopefully! 😂

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »

What support does your son get?

Do you take the AD all at once or twice a day?

am#

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »

Hi i hope you are feeling better , my work is quite stressfull that i can deal with but when there us hassle at home i honestly sometimes feel like walking out and leaving them all to it , so i know how you feel i hope your  change in meds helps
Xx

redrocker

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:15 PM »

Hope things get better for you, sending you a hug
all the best
Redrocker

Kwebst

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:23 PM »

Thanks ladies for the hugs. Feeling bit better now I'm signed off- I feel I'm not juggling everything at once. I'm taking the Citalopram all at once first thing, not sure if that is good or not. I'm not good first thing or last thing in the day but manageable in between. I need to get my head round the fact that I can't fix everyone's problems, even my own sons.  I have always been a control freak but have lost perspective just now. I'm going to see a councillor next week so hoping that will help get my thinking sorted out. Not sure how much fluctuating hormones have contributed to this but I definitely think that they've been part of it. Meno is a pain! 😆