Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pill and high cholesterol  (Read 1610 times)

4meSons

Pill and high cholesterol
« on: December 06, 2017, 01:24:39 PM »

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I've tried looking but my limited brain power is struggling
Do you know if you can take pop or qlaira  if you have high cholesterol? I have taken oral and depo contraception in the past with no problems and thought this might help my peri problems if the gel/utro doesn't help.
Thank you
Oh I'm also type 2 diabetic

Hurdity

Re: Pill and high cholesterol
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:15 PM »

Looks like your post got missed because no-one can answer your question - including me! However I suggest you have a look at the spc https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/21700 and section 4.3 contra-indications - for Qlaira. I had a quick glance and couldn't see anything about cholesterol. Have you tried googling? Are you taking anything for it and which component of your cholesterol is high (as an aside - I have high Total cholesterol and LDL but my ratio of Total/HDL is normal - which is apparently what's important - I take nothing for it and haven't been advised to)?

I presume you are modifying your diet under guidance of your doctor to help with high cholesterol ( if it needs changing - mine doesn't!) and the diabetes?

Hurdity x