Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Intro  (Read 2276 times)

MsSpaz

Intro
« on: December 06, 2017, 03:41:12 AM »

Hi, I just joined. I'm 54 and from Ontario, Canada. Been in menopause for 9 years. I lucked out, got it early (bio mother was done at 48) and no symptoms. Probably because I'm a fat chick, as fat cells produce and store estrogen.

I came to ask some questions about endometrial regrowth after ablation and post menopausal bleeding, so will try to find the proper forum to post in.

Lanzalover

Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »

Hi MsSpaz

:welcomemm:

Sorry I don't know enough about endometrial ablation to advise but I'm sure someone on here will be along with some advice.

If I have read your post correctly you are nine years post meno and getting bleeding if this is correct you should see a doctor as any post meno bleeding should be investigated.

Lanzalover x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:20:47 AM »

Hi and welcome MsSpaz
If you have been at least 12 months without a natural bleed, then any bleeding or even spotting that occurs must be investigated. Pop to the doctor to get this checked out.
DG x

daisie

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »

hi msspaz..speaking from my personal experience..any post menopause bleeding should be investigated i was bleeding constant every day just little bits nothing heavy i thought it was the menopause i finaly plucked up courage to go to doctors thought something wasnt right the bleeding wouldnt go away ,sent me  for a biopsy  the results came back saying i was in the 1st stages of cervical cancer  i was lucky  they had caught it early had me in for a total hysterectomy that was just over 2 years ago ..but that is my story. you could have other things causing the bleeding ..fibroids  polyps  .too much estrogen causes build up of the endometrium without progestrone it will keep building up,i put that reason down to why i was bleeding for all that time i was not on hrt .progestrone drops more in the menopause than what estrogen does .we need progestrone to keep the womb healthy hope all is well for you x daisy

MsSpaz

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:03:37 AM »

hi msspaz..speaking from my personal experience..any post menopause bleeding should be investigated i was bleeding constant every day just little bits nothing heavy i thought it was the menopause i finaly plucked up courage to go to doctors thought something wasnt right the bleeding wouldnt go away ,sent me  for a biopsy  the results came back saying i was in the 1st stages of cervical cancer  i was lucky  they had caught it early had me in for a total hysterectomy that was just over 2 years ago ..but that is my story. you could have other things causing the bleeding ..fibroids  polyps  .too much estrogen causes build up of the endometrium without progestrone it will keep building up,i put that reason down to why i was bleeding for all that time i was not on hrt .progestrone drops more in the menopause than what estrogen does .we need progestrone to keep the womb healthy hope all is well for you x daisy

Hi Daisy, it is being investigated. I am scheduled to have an u/s next month. I am not on HRT, no need for it as I don't have hot flashes and I refuse to touch Premarin as it is cruel to horses. A mirena IUD has been recommended to me but I have had an IUD before and it was pure hell, so will never have another one again. Glad they caught your cancer early, hope  you are doing well now.

MsSpaz

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:04:32 AM »

Hi and welcome MsSpaz
If you have been at least 12 months without a natural bleed, then any bleeding or even spotting that occurs must be investigated. Pop to the doctor to get this checked out.
DG x

It's been going on for years, but it is now being investigated, thanks.

daisie

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 08:16:29 AM »

hi msspaz thats good to know .hope all goes well for you .i know what you are going through ..i was stupid to let myself go on bleeding for so long .but i thought it would go away.yes im fine now.thank god for all the equipment we have today .to find these causes and thank god for these surgeons i say..keep us updated x daisy