Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: update Femoston . . . so far, so good?  (Read 1392 times)

pricey

update Femoston . . . so far, so good?
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »

Hi again, ladies,

After a disastrous swap from Elleste Duet 1mg to Elleste Conti, I was prescribed Femoston 1/5 just over two weeks ago. I have no idea where I am with periods as I have had cyclical withdrawal bleeds for just over 2 years (I am almost 53) so the GP felt it was worth trying a Conti regime.
I have been extra sleepy, but the last couple of days this seems to have lifted. Overall, I feel better than I did on the 2nd half of the pack of Elleste Duet; I have had fewer headaches and neck pain which have been a persistent problem. So far I have had no spotting (is it too soon to celebrate? Who knows if my cycle will kick in for a bleed? . . .) but I have put on a couple of pounds despite exercising and eating the same (I generally stay quite stable) and I wonder if this is linked to the fact that my breasts are very sore, similar to how they felt in early pregnancy. Presumably this is the progesterone. I suspect I have some water retention which is a small price to pay if I continue to have fewer headaches and no bleeds, but is this a likely side effect and will it possibly subside as time goes on?
Thanks all,
xx

Optimist

Re: update Femoston . . . so far, so good?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 09:56:18 PM »

Hi I've been on femoston 1/5 after trying quite a few hits; elleste, femseven, everol sequi etc. into my 4th month now. First couple of weeks really bad back ache & felt really low then it appeared to kick in and mood lifted, had spotting/bleeding in month 3 for practically whole of the month but into month 4 & its stopped.
This has been the best one so far for my mood swings which were controlling my life/relationship etc however chronic constipation, bloating, weight gain and waking 2-4 times nightly to go to toilet! Also had some finger joint pain which I hadn't had for a while this last week. Not sure if it'll settle again and what to do really as happy with moods settling etc but sleeplessness getting to mevand much increased urine for which I'm alreafy on oxybutinyn !! Plus if you needed extra oestrogen don't think you can get higher on the conti??
It's weighing it up really I supppose but this has definitely been the best for me so far. I'd say stick with it as I think you definitely need to go the whole 3 months for some side effects to reduce. Good luck x

Dancinggirl

Re: update Femoston . . . so far, so good?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:00:39 PM »

pricey - don't look for problems - it is likely you may get some spotting in the first few months, any breast tenderness will settle in time as the body adjusts. If you are feeling generally good, then just stick with it, get on with life and in 3-4 months you should have things more settled generally. Dg x