Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ashwagandha  (Read 2122 times)

Tinkerbellj

Ashwagandha
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »

Has anyone ever tried this herbal remedy?  Supposed to be good for fatigue memory etc. I am desperate.  Zero energy zero memory joint pains. Cant take it any bloody more. Surely this can't be it for the rest of my life I am only 48!!

Kathleen

Re: Ashwagandha
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 03:43:06 PM »

Hello Tinkerbellj.

I haven't seen this one mentioned on the forum before which may actually be a good sign!

Hopefully someone with knowledge and experience will be along soon but I completely understand your frustration. I have different issues to yours but I am beyond fed up with it all.

Wishing you well and hopefully the other ladies will have some positive reviews.

K.

4meSons

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:51:08 PM »

Hi tinkerbellj
I haven't tried it but had read about it and was thinking of giving it a try but will have to check it's ok to take with my other meds first. It's supposed to help keep cortisol levels low x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:00:53 PM »

Thanks ladies sorry for the rant. Gonna give it a try!! Hopefully will be able to report back wonderful things xx

wombat62

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:28:51 PM »

Hi there

I use it occasionally but not for memory but for mild anxiety. I went through a bad patch after my op last year (although I think most of it was hormone crash) and read about it on another forum. The ones I get also have magnesium, another relaxing herb and B vits so helps all around.

The ashwagandha or Indian Ginseng is an adaptogen so the body will only use what it needs and I don't know if it was pyschosomatic or if it does actually work but it did help! If I get a bit run down on or I can feel the hormones dropping and I get a bit anxious then I take some for a few days and it does seem to help.

So from my point of view it's good stuff!

Hope it helps you!  If you are on other meds might be wise to check with the pharmacist or a naturopath first. I consulted one when I started to feel really grotty and there were certain herbs she couldn't give me because of the HRT.

Take care!

DaisyB

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:08:24 AM »

Hi there - I'm using it, just under a week now. I've had it staring at me for the past 5 months - but resisted as I was taking and trying so many other things.

I've currently pain in my back and joints and dreadful anxiety that is waxing and waning at the moment. I'm tweaking the estrogen (on Hurditys advice) but thought I should finally introduce it.

So far anxiety is slightly decreased but I cannot attribute to ashwaghanda as I've not been on it long enough. What I have noticed is a marked difference in energy!

For the first time in 7/8 months I am waking and rising at 6:30am and have noticed an increase in energy throughout the day.

I'm taking the tincture.

I'll keep you posted:)

DaisyB x

Tinkerbellj

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 10:05:19 AM »

Oh ladies thank u so much I am off to cruise amazon lol. Was looking at the tincture daisyb as I seem to absorb that better anyway. ...will keep u posted also xxx