Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Arrrggghhhh hrt,  (Read 2189 times)

Staffymad

Arrrggghhhh hrt,
« on: December 03, 2017, 09:35:23 PM »

Just introducing myself after spending the last month searching this site for useful info about menopause and hrt. I'm 40 apparently going through early menopause (hot flushes, irregular periods, insomnia, mood changes, hair loss).  Started hrt 9 weeks ago elleste duet 1mg, I was managing symptoms but am fearful of oesteoporosis so decided to give it a go.  I feel like am living a nightmare, bloating, horrendous constipation, shedding hair and wondering if I'm going to be bald in the morning, tearful one minute then the next I could murder someone.  In a dilemma as to whether to stop hrt and face the consequences in years to come or try another type. My diet is good, exercise daily, low body weight (but look 5 months pregnant at present from the horrendous bloating) Just not sure what to do and I've only just started with the hrt, please help.

Kathleen

Re: Arrrggghhhh hrt,
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:42:32 PM »

Hello Staffymad and welcome to the forum.

You've come to the right place for help and support, we know how you feel!

For detailed knowledge on HRT there are many ladies who can advise you and I'm sure they'll be along shortly. In the meantime hang in there and keep posting.

Take care.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:43:44 PM »

You're so young, you might not feel it but in terms of meno you are so don't give up.  There's so many choices, it would probably be worth trying separates hrts, oestrogen patch or gel and utrogestan capsule for the progesterone, many women here use the utrogestan vaginally to lessen side effects. 

Keep reading others experiences, I've personally tried quite a few oestrogens and have settled on the gel (oestrogel) so damn easy to tweak the doses x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »

Hi and welcome Staffymad

You need to try a different HRT - this one clearly doesn't suit you.  Your need HRT at your age so it's best to find something that suits you.

Do try Femoston 1/10 sequential as this might be better( it has a kinder progesterone)  - there are plenty of other options as well.  Look under TREATMENTS on this site to get clued up. DG x

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »

Hi Staffymad

:welcomemm:

As the others have said you need to try another type of HRT the suggestions given by DG and Annie are both good options.
There are plenty of choices and sometimes we have to try a couple before we find one which suits us.

Sending good wishes and do ask if you have any further questions we are here hep.

Lanzalover x

Staffymad

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:33:35 PM »

Thank you for your replies. Off to GP tomorrow to swap. DG, I have read about Femoston 1/10 hoping that it will cause less unwanted side effects.  The separates are also an option that I know nothing about yet but will look into that for tomorrow, thank you Annie. I just want to feel my normal self again, whatever normal is!

Lanzalover

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 06:16:49 PM »

Hi Staffymad

Good luck for tomorrow let us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x

Staffymad

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »

So GP gave me Femoston 1/10 which I was happy about. He convinced me that HRT is what I need for hot flushes, mood, skin, hair basically to keep me young lol.  He tried to offer me patches and gel as they have less side effects so now I'm sat debating if to start the tablets or go back. Why is it so difficult to make a decision? Oh wait that's also the menopause!
Hoping the constipation and bloating eases with Femoston too and maybe I'll grow some hair back on my head and not my face! Trying to think happy thoughts but it's rubbish getting older. How do women get through this with their sanity?!

Lanzalover

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 08:48:33 PM »

Hi Staffymad

Pleased to hear your appointment went well. Do try the Femoston there are lots of ladies on the forum using it with good results.

Lanzalover x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 08:56:29 PM »

...... and how many SBT do you have  ;)

:welcomemm:  read the green banner 'treatments' above. Also look at the Daisy web-site.

Make notes. Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

Staffymad - the HRT shouldn't cause constipation and bloating, it's more likely you are simply anxious about using the HRT.

Try the Femoston - the combined patches are medium dose so could give more side effects.  The Oestrogel with separate progesterone pills requires more hassle but could be tried later if you wish.
Femoston does suit many women really well so give it a go.

Make sure you are eating enough fibre - so more fruit and veg, less processed foods and less red meat and chocolate, drink enough water and try charcoal tablets after meals to ease bloating and wind. Anxiety makes us swallow more air and creates the bloating. Learn some relaxation techniques - I do Mindful Meditation all the time and it really helps. Also, lots of brisk walking is great to sooth the brain.  DG x

Staffymad

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 07:12:05 PM »

I have 2, CLKD  :)
I thought it caused the bloating and constipation as I've never suffered with it like I have since starting it.  I am really anxious about taking hrt so you are maybe right.
Struggling because I eat a lot of veg (not fruit though) I'm always drinking water or herbal tea, oh and brisk walking with my dogs as well as running etc (I never sit still) relaxation, what's that? It's something I have to try to get me through this.
Thanks for you replies, as others have said this forum makes you feel like you are not alone in all this.