Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Struggling today  (Read 3218 times)

Mindfulmoomins

Re: Struggling today
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:44 PM »

Thank you - I know you are right. Your message is so appreciated. I hope your blip finishes soon and the sunshine comes out again for both of us and all those struggling xxx

racjen

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 10:55:46 PM »

Oh Mindfulmoomins, I so get this. It's not just about whether you feel actively anxious or depressed, it's a general feeling of safety and wellness in the world - I feel it so strongly even on days when I'm doing relatively OK - I just can't cope with the world. I've been off for 5 weeks now, on top of 8 months last year for cancer treatment, and I don't anticipate going back anytime soon. i'm lucky to have a very sympathetic boss, but I do worry about how long this is sustainable. But on the other hand I see absolutely no point in going back before I feel ready - I simply wouldn't be able to cope with it. Trust your instinct x

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »

Racjen Hello
I just read your post gosh you have had a tough time with cancer and now all of this menopause rubbish (there are stronger words I could use) I am glad to hear you have a good boss that does help not all are understanding.  It dosent always help if you are feeling guilty etc but your health comes first and you get that.  I was due to go to a meeting and lots of other things and you know I couldnt even get the kids to school the tears just flowed.  I too had 7 months off work last year being misdiagnosed by drs and a physchiatrist.  The oestrodial level is 215 which they consider as low and all the old feelings came back with a vengeance.   The physical symptons I could deal with hot flushes, night sweats its the mental anquish that is the nightmare, not knowing when it will lift again.  But it does.  It leaves me facing a decision to leave work after many happy years but I have to weigh up if it casues more stress going in than not and I just dont know how long it is going to take before the oestrogen is the right level to kick everything back working.  I wish there was a magic wand to get us all on the right amounts.  it is such a fine balance between feeling well and coping with the world and not!

Keep going and remember you are not alone in this although it does feel isolating at times xx
Pages: 1 [2]