Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hooray I'm not mad!  (Read 2166 times)

Lornski_b

• First Flush
Hooray I'm not mad!
« on: November 27, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »

Hello to you all.
I have been experiencing mild periomenopause symptoms for a few years. Oh I had my 47th birthday last week. Things came to a head when I was waking up in pools of sweat every night and decided to go and see the doc.  She was OK and suggested I try over the counter remedies first. So im faced with acres of different things and decided to go withrough a basic belt and braces approach with menopace. 10 days later I'm googling "am I gay? " and i pretty much want to kill everyone! I have an amazing friend who went through similar for 4 years before finally going on to HRT. So we called the doc again but they can't even phone me for a week so I decided to go with her donation of estrogel till then. Early next morning I started a full on flooding period so started to take prescribed tranexamic acid. By the next day I was vomiting full bore all day. It was terrible. I'm now off the txa but doc said keep up the estrogel.  I feel like I've been dragged through a combine harvester. Every joint and muscle is killing me. I've kept a bit of food down but feel miserable.  Hopefully after a hot bath I might feel a little better and can look forward to a menopause symptom free life.

Kathleen

Re: Hooray I'm not mad!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »

Hello Lornski_b and welcome to the forum.

Your post had me chuckling and I'm sure many ladies here will recognise the weird and wonderful world of menopausal mood changes! You have to admire the awesomeness of hormones don't you.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

Re: Hooray I'm not mad!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 03:50:32 PM »

Hi Lornski_b

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about your symptoms and also about the bug you seem to have picked up (unless it was the Tanexamic acid?)

re the HRT - I was a bit concerned hearing that you started using your friend's oestrogel - but reassured by the fact that you have subsequently discussed with the doc who has agreed this course of action, and has presumably given you a prescription for it? I presume also that the doc has prescribed a course of a progestogen to protect your womb lining and especially in view of your recent heavy bleeding? This is very important!

Had you periods been sporadic before the recent heavy one ie what has your cycle been doing over the last few months?

I do hope your symptoms improve - but with the right treatment...

Hurdity x