Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ovulating??  (Read 1443 times)

Aggie

Ovulating??
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:00 PM »

Hi All,

I'm on 0.5mg sandrena gel and 200mg Utrogestan (which I'm using vaginally over 12 days a month).  Starting to wonder if there was bit of placebo when I started on HRT (been on since Julyish) as I'm now feeling IRRITATED again a lot of the time, but anyway the reason for the post is, am I ovulating?

I was having quite regular periods before starting on HRT and haven't bled in every interval from the Utrogestan, so was very happy when I did this time around.  It seemed like a relatively normal 'period' which finished a few days ago.   Before I became peri when I was having regular periods, on day 14 or 15 of my cycle I could tell when I was ovulating, as my abdomen would swell a little and I could physically feel my body releasing an egg(s) and this would be evidenced by needing the wear a pant liner too.  So,  today I feel like I'm ovulating?  All the symptoms I've just mentioned, but I only finished my 'period' a few days ago. 

Does this sound normal? 

Thanks in advance 😄

Dancinggirl

Re: Ovulating??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »

Hi Aggie
When in peri meno, as you are, then even on HRT there can be the occasional ovulation but fluctuations in mood and other symptoms will still occur.  Gradually as the HRT controls things over 3-6 months and your own hormones decline, then you may feel more balanced generally.  HRT is about benefits versus side effects - no HRT will be perfect and it's best not to try to over analyse things.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »

Hi Aggie - just to add that you are using a pretty high dose of progesterone for that amount of oestrogen - but if you had bleeding problems then this will help if you can tolerate it well. If you are feeling fine when on the oestrogen part then that's all good but perhaps you could discuss with your doc reducing the prog dose if you are getting pms symptoms while taking the prog and for a few days afterwards (the latter being normal pms experienced on progesterone withdrawal). You are using the licesned correct amoount - but there is no variation in progesterone doses for the amount of oestrogen and used vaginally you will be getting even more.

As Dancinggirl says, HRT does not suppress ovulation unless oestrogen is very high dose.

Hurdity x

Aggie

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »

Hi Dancing Girl and Hurdity,

Thanks for your replies and reassurance.  So I guess the bleed after finishing the cycle of Utrogestan isn't a real 'period' then.  (In my mind anyway a period comes 14 days after ovulation😬)

Yes I'm on a high dose of Utro (I did have very heavy periods leading up to starting HRT) and the Estradiol is low probably because I've had DCIS in the past.  The only real benefit I've experienced is sleeping better again which obviously is fantastic, but I'm still VERY agitated for no reason a lot of the time, and this had seemed to improve, but as you've said it might be plan old PMS 😩.