Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Suddenly chafing  (Read 1528 times)

getting_old

Suddenly chafing
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »

In the last few months I've put on a fair bit of weight (more than a stone!) and have now started wearing my winter clothes. They fit OK and aren't tight as I've always been a fan of the bulky look, however when I've worn my heavier trousers / jeans I've had chafing behind the knees and the insides of the thighs. I'm not sure it's caused by the extra weight, or maybe my skin is drier, but just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

margaret

Re: Suddenly chafing
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:04:31 PM »

Hi I've got the same problem, try using Aloe Vera Gel, and put loads of Vitamin E Cream on, you can get the cream at Super drug and the gel at Sainsbury's both are pretty cheap, I think it's caused with our skin getting too dry, I had this last year and it's just started again in the past 2 weeks it takes a while to go away but persevere. :)

margaret

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:07:44 PM »

Hi me again, I've been using Canesten cream with Hydrocoraozone not sure of the spelling and my rash is starting to go away x

getting_old

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been using heavy duty moisturiser and the rash does seem to be disappearing slowly, although the skin still feels fairly rough in the worst areas. I'm using Nivea at the moment but will keep an eye out for the Canestan next time I go shopping.