Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Don't know what to do  (Read 1775 times)

Jasnan

Don't know what to do
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:39:40 PM »

I am new to the forum and would be grateful for anyone's suggestions etc.
I am 62 years young and had a hysterectomy {keeping my ovaries} in 2011. I was put on Angeliq and did well on it until January just gone, my GP decided she did'nt want women over 60 taking it, as she said it had no benefit after this age!  I came off it over 9 months and now I have extreme anxiety, mood swings, insomnia etc. etc. in fact everything I was put on it for!  I have tried to get Utrogestan from an online pharmacy but the gynae they consult said she did'nt think it would be of any benefit.  I took progesterone many years ago for a suspected endo problem which I found very calming and good for sleep.  I have purchased a well known usp progesterone cream but I am completely at odds to how much to use.  I found a website where a Dr. Lam recommended 60mg for a couple of months and then halve it.  The other sites I read say to start high at 200mg  ???  I really don't want to end up addicted to tranquilsers {they make me feel horrible anyway} Any thoughts anyone?
P.S It may have no relevance but I am due to have my gallbladder removed in a couple of weeks due to 0% function/pain/severe nausea
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:43:18 PM by Jasnan »

Jasnan

Re: Don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »

Thank you, I hope so!  I wonder sometimes if some of the symptoms are that :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 06:08:06 PM »

If you're healthy you should be allowed to stay on hrt.  I've been told I can stay on for as many years as I like and woe betide a dr who thinks differently, if I'm fit and well.  It's not them suffering.

I've had a hysterectomy too and use oestrogen and testosterone gels and at the moment I'm using a progesterone cream, I just use 1 pump morning and 1 pump at bedtime(not prescribed, I buy it online)  I feel calmer on it x

Jasnan

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »

Can I ask how much progesterone cream you are using?  One pump of mine is 30mg

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:18 PM »

I'll have a look when I go to bed x

wombat62

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »

Hi there

I can vouch that you will feel better once the offending organ has gone!

You'd be surprised how much the gallbladder affects your overall health, I had anxiety over eating out in case it set off an attack so you'll probably relax a little once its gone and you are over the op.

Now I would say, really look after yourself after the op, although it's keyhole surgery you are still recovering after a major op so be kind to yourself and make sure others look after you!

Take care!

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 10:19:34 PM »

Progesterone cream is ‘now solutions 20mg x twice daily' x

Jasnan

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 10:29:31 PM »

Thank you Wombat62 for your good wishes.  Do admit to feeling anxious about the op.  Silly really as I have had surgery before

Jasnan

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »

Thank you Annie0710  :)