Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Everol Conti ...... Pimple/spots breakout 2 weeks in does it improve?  (Read 3948 times)

Shardave

• First Flush

I am 55 but started on HRT about 5 years ago before I officially stopped periods, with a break of a year (had other health issues, so had to rule HRT out of the cause) so went back on the HRT Elleste duet Conti about a year later.
All good until about 5 months in I missed 1 pill and 2 days following had bleed for nearly 3 weeks until I was advised to stop to let myself recover.
I decided to try the patches next as after a period without HRT , decided that the flushes, insomnia and general anxiety, I could do without!
I have been on Everol Conti patches for 2 weeks, and the flushes are slowly stopping, I'm beginning to have more sleep, ( even if it is REM sleep) BUT...I have noticed I have some pimply spots developing on my chin ! :'(
Does anyone else suffer with acne/ spots? And if so does it get worse, stay the same or go away?
I didn't have this problem on the Elleste duet Conti, even though it's the same hormone make up.
Interested in other peeps experience on Everol Conti

KatyB

Re: Everol Conti ...... Pimple/spots breakout 2 weeks in does it improve?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 05:13:50 PM »

I'm on Everol, part conti and part sequi (long story). I get a few spots but mostly on my breasts not face. They come, they go, generally not very persistent and don't just continue to get worse for me, but as I say I'm not on the steady dose, and I do tend to get the spots coming while on the oestrogen patch rather than combined patch.

Wrensong

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:04:07 PM »

Hi Shardave, also 55 & have been on Evorel Conti for 2+ years, though now cutting down with a view to stopping.  Although I'd never before had spots, even at puberty, I have had persistent, very tiny spots on the forehead very close to the hairline whilst on this regime.  The affected area is itchy & close to where my formerly very thick hair is worryingly, receding at the temple!  Luckily hidden by a fringe of sorts.  As the forehead also now gets a little greasy where the tiny spots are, I assumed it was all caused by the norethisterone, being an androgenic progestogen. 
I use Clinique cleansing & moisturising products on my skin morning & night (but never moisturise the forehead), wear no make-up, wash my hair every day, don't use hairspray, mousse or gel & have a healthy diet, so can see no other reason for these to have occurred.  It seemed a small price to pay for even partial relief of symptoms that had been long-standing & extreme & having failed to find a more suitable regime I was happy to live with it but am now stopping HRT for other reasons. 
May be worth persevering, as it could well settle & meanwhile perhaps experimenting with your skin care regime?

Shardave

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 09:48:42 AM »

Thanks 👍
Will grin and bear it for the time being, so far they seem to have stabilised, as only been on this type for two weeks, still having periodic flushes, although feeling better in myself already! 😀

Wrensong

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »

2 weeks is very early days, so stick with it if you can!  Encouraging your seem to be starting to feel better - hopefully much better to come for you.  :)