Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This article really made me think and worry...  (Read 6138 times)

matildamouse

Re: This article really made me think and worry...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 03:33:44 AM »

When using Utrogestan vaginally (where ever it is placed) it will often cause extra irritation to the bladder. Even used orally, many find their bladder is more irritated while on Utrogestan.
So matildamouse, your bladder issues may be more to do with using Utrogestan vaginally than anything else and using Vagifem closer to the bladder might help a bit but not as well as you hope.

DG x

Agree DG, very possible!

Thanks for the explanation Dahliagirl...not as simple as we thought. I am currently just trying for a more of a "shallow"Vagifem  placement near my urethra and to NOT try for as deep as possible as I always did. And then to assess whether there is any positive change or not...

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »

I usually aim for the area where the bottom of a tampon would sit, above the muscley bit (which they do since my repair op - they used to fall out before, so that would not have been the best explanation ;D)

I always thought that if you put it high up, then it would gradually seep/wash downwards, with a bit of help from gravity and better moisture, but when I was doing a re-load, it was evident that there was an accumulation of the gel stuff that it forms, because the applicator came out with some stuck to it.  Perhaps it is different if you are using creams like estriol.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:28:50 PM by dahliagirl »

JaneinPen

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 07:14:09 PM »

Thanks matildamouse for the link and thanks Cassie and dahliagirl. I was also confused by where front and back is. I don't  think mine goes up too far as I have a bit of a prolapse which tends to stop it from going up too far and I haven't been uncomfortable since starting the Vagifem in July so hopefully it is hitting the right spot even if it is by accident!!

I love that we can ask these kind of questions and get helpful replies and links to check questions we have without feeling silly

Katia

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »

I use the ring and have noticed a bit of cramping, but as I still get periods put it down to that and never thought of the ring. So, basically, I should put it lower down?  It seems to find its own way to higher up.

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2017, 11:44:06 AM »

The ring has to go higher up - it is the way it is designed.

You probably need to use some vagifem higher up to maintain the upper parts anyway - I am sure that it would cause problems eventually otherwise.
Pages: 1 [2]