Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: First period in 4 months ...  (Read 976 times)

Witch hazel

First period in 4 months ...
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:42:58 AM »

Darn, was beginning to think things may be all over, then yesterday completely out of the blue, I wiped away some pink mucous ... later in the day the floodgates opened  :(  .   Luckily its weekend, so can hopefully get things under control before work tomorrow.  I had this once before, and the following day had an all day training course at work, so ended up going in padded like a baby to avoid any embarrassments - it was very heavy for a couple of days then, so I am prepared for the worst, but only lasted about 3 days. I woke this morning to find my mooncup had overflowed, which used to cope overnight, so looks like its going to be heavy ...  ::)  I used to be regular almost to the hour, with raging PMT 3 or 4 days beforehand, but no build-up this time and totally without warning ... so, back to marking the calendar with a subtle little * that only I understand and start counting months all over again ... Last time I went back to a few months of something like regular appearances, then dried up again, so waiting to see whether I am back on a routine or this is just a last fling but will be a bit miffed if it comes next month as well as will be right on Christmas  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: First period in 4 months ...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 01:23:03 PM »

It's a b....a  >:(  ::) .............

How do you feel generally, other than really, really annoyed?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 01:30:25 PM »

I went 8 months and had to do an emergency shop for supplies!

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 02:06:34 PM »

I had intermittent bleeds for years, after I stopped it was 5 years B4 I didn't pack protection .........  ::)

Witch hazel

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 04:05:52 PM »

Thanks for replies, thought it was too good to be true that it was all over so easily ... sadly my mum is no longer with us to compare notes  :(

CLKD, I am feeling fine, a few mild stomach cramps today, but in last 8 weeks or so (see other posts) my libido has gone sky high.  I have very occasional spells of hot flushes but they are mild and pass quickly, and a few night sweats recently.  My hair has gone really lank and "teenage" greasy and I have had a major outbreak of nasty spots but funnily enough, I used to break out around period time, but in the last week or so they all seem to have disappeared ... might be down to new face wash and moisturiser I have started using, but not sure.  Other than all the above, and my normally spot on memory letting me down now and then, I think I am getting off lightly ... I often say these days I can remember the reg no of every car I have ever owned, but ask me what I had for lunch yesterday and I'd need to phone a friend ...  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 04:08:34 PM »

we have a thread here similar - doing stupid things and that strange woman  ;D