Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hot flushes and Moods  (Read 1528 times)

bshah

Hot flushes and Moods
« on: November 21, 2017, 10:52:30 AM »

Hi All,  i am 51 and currently going thru various symptoms due to the menopause, and also i have been told to stop taking my HRT Fermoston as i now have high blood pressure.  So my night flushes have started again, and i am getting up 2-3 times in the night, so getting disturbed sleep.  What i am most worried about is my mood.  i hate that i feel so low and teary, i feel like my fun side has disappeared and i cant be bothered with anything.  Has anyone else felt like this and if so what have you done to help.  Hoping to find some sort of natural remedies.  At my wits end please help

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hot flushes and Moods
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

Yep. HORMONES  >:( ........ browse round.  Make notes.  Has your GP suggested any other treatment to ease symptoms?

Maybe make a mood/food/symptom diary. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 04:24:12 PM »

I think you can have treatment for the blood pressure alongside the HRT?? Do you need loose some weight and get more exercise ? This might help the blood pressure???
At 51, 5 more years of the HRT will actually protect your heart and bones for the longer term - so go back and argue your case. DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:27:37 PM »

Hi bshah

:welcomemm:

Just to add that there is information about hypertension and HRT on this website here:

Hypertension   
    Blood pressure should be measured and, if high, should be controlled prior to starting HRT. Blood pressure measurement should be repeated 3 months after starting HRT and is then usually checked at annual review. There is a very small risk of conjugated equine estrogens causing a rise in blood pressure which resolves on cessation of treatment. In the presence of controlled hypertension, HRT is unlikely to worsen control; some recommend using transdermal (patch or gel) HRT.
    Sage should be used with caution if hypertensive and St.John's Wort should be used with caution if taking antihypertensive therapy. 

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/atoz.php#GlossH

There are also other ways to reduce blood pressure naturally - as well as Dancinggirl's suggestions, through diet and reducing salt, stopping smoking and reducing alcohol consumption (if necessary).

Hurdity x

Suzy

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »

I've just joined this site to read other people's symptoms and know I'm not alone in feeling so crap !! it amazes me that due to a hormone imbalance can affect us so much.hooefully your blood pressure will lower to enable you to get back on Hrt if it helped you before.ive been on Hrt for seven years with no problems until I had to change due to clymagest being discontinued I'm hoping that my latest one kicks in soon I've been on it a month cos I want my life back.!!

bshah

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 11:08:48 AM »

thanks you all .  for your replies.  Its nice to know that am not alone.