Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Should I change my HRT pill to patch??  (Read 10254 times)

Hurdity

Re: Should I change my HRT pill to patch??
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »

Jean50 - do look back at what I said about tablet HRT and libido.

To answer your Q - if he gives you the new patches then you could go straight onto the combi Femseven patches - the important thing is to take the progestogen part during the right phase. You may notice a difference changing from tablet to patch in terms of oestrogen dose and depending on how you absorb the hormone from the different methods - so your body will possibly have some adjustments to make.

On second thoughts though - depending on how you normally feel on the second phase of the tablets - perhaps finish the course of tablets - only because it is Christmas at the weekend and you don't want to cope with any additional (albeit temporary - hopefully) sdie effects from changing the delivery method of the oestrogen?

Good luck and let us know how you get on :)

Hurdity x

JJ65

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 05:24:27 AM »

Hurdity can you advise me please been on different hrt tablets for 2.5 yrs before being peri had periods regular as clockwork then three monthly then other symptoms ie night sweats anxiety low mood no sex drive took a break from hrt for 4 months tried acupuncture didnt work been on femoston 2/10 for 4 months its been awful by day 10 of oestrogen i cant sleep (not that i ever seem to sleep ) my scalp eczema starts pmt symptoms cant bear any kind of physical contact anxiety palpitations. Then i startprogesterone the moods are worse last month by day 5 went to gp in desperation she said the tablets were working cos im not having hot flushes !!!!! Could have killed her as id not slept in days was feeling so desperate ! I asked to be changed to patches she insisted i had a thyroid test ( forgot also couldnt keep legs still at night and burning feet ) . The day after i saw her i had some spotting so maybe explains feelings ! Had thyroid test and was normal so had phone app with het she agreed to give patches and am picking them up today. However this month on progesterone was feeling so awful by day 5 didnt take it on friday and after meeting other half for a few drinks in local i lost the plot when we got home said awful things told him didnt love or want him etc ! On sat i started bleeding and still am not spotting a proper period quite painful and breasts are really painful and swollen in fact feel swollen all over havent taken any pills since thursday . Should i let this period finish before starting the patches cos maybe a good period will help ? Dont know what to do for the best anymore sick of trying to analise myself .

Jean50

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 03:20:34 PM »

Hi Hurdity

Went to GP yesterday he has given me Femseven sequi patches, I am going to finish off the Femoston packet like you said, I have started a period on the 2nd week of estrogen ( which I can only assume is my natural cycle like you said might happen). Thank you for advice appreciate it. Hopefully will get back to break through bleed on patches xx

Jean50

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »

Advice please just finish 2nd week of progesterone and been having bleed for 3 days, I have not taken my estrogen and progesterone one tonight with having a period, should I take nothing for the next 2 weeks and then start on the patches. As my own period has kicked in.

Jean50

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »

Hi, I have not taken the progesterone & estrogen tablets for this month and I actually feel good, after next week I will be due to start a fresh month should I just start on the patches?
Pages: 1 [2]