Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem  (Read 4071 times)

Flossiemac

Vagifem
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »

Hi ladies

I've been using Vagifem for about 9 months. I use it 3 times a week and have done the two weeks initial routine twice (all with doctors consent) but it doesn't really seem to be having much effect. Haven't been able to have sex for months as it's extremely painful. Should I continue or go back to doctor ?
Thanks in advance

NinaH

Re: Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »

Hi I have been okayed to use 2 every other day. It has really made a difference. Hope this helps!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »

You could go to the GP but I would suggest doing a 2-week reload making sure that the product goes up as far as possible, then every other night to see if that helps.  There are other products to use on the outer lips, i.e. Sylc or Yes I think ....... if you do search for either/both you'll find out if I am up the right tree ;-).

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »

Up your dose, five a week is equivalent to the dose it used to be.
I use it everyday, enables me to live a normal life in all areas ;)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 10:29:14 PM »

Flossiemac - are you using vaginal moisturisers daily? Most of us like either SYLK or the YES products.
It's also essentual to use extra lubrucatiin for sex as well - makes things far better for both you are your partner. I find Perfect Glide by Durex fab.
DG x

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 10:31:28 PM »

I'm an everyday vagifem user, ovestin is to hand should any flare occur externally and I use Sylk for Sex, not always but often x

Flossiemac

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »

Hi All
Many thanks for the replies and advice, I'll speak to the doctor to see if I can up dose.
Not used any moisturisers so will definitely give that a go
X

Wrensong

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

Hope you get approval to increase the dose, but it might also help to vary how far you insert the Vagifem.  Being persistently sore just inside, I was advised to try inserting one high, one low, as the effect can be very localised.

Annie0710

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 12:31:33 PM »

That's a good idea Wrensong, I've often wondered if that would help.  I might give that a go , one day up, next day down x

Wrensong

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »

Hope it works for you Annie.  My dose was increased from 1 tab x 3 nights a week to 2 tabs x 3 nights a week, one up one down (about an inch in), but chose instead to do 1 a night for 6 nights, alternating sites, as I seem to sleep a bit better on Vagifem nights!  So you could try whatever is most convenient for you.  Have just been authorised to stay on 5-6 a week long term, so breathing a sigh of relief that this may finally get things back to some version of normal!

Annie0710

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »

THAnks Wrensong, I do 7 a week, keeps everything tickety-boo down there lol x

Wrensong

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 03:57:55 PM »

Ooh -7 a week - lucky you!   Has taken me 5 months to get my surgery to increase the amount I can order from one box every 3 months to one a month, so I could follow Menopause Clinic's advice given mid-summer!  Think there's still caution/resistance over the idea that the original 50mcg/week dose (& sometimes more) is really necessary for some women, even on systemic HRT.  Feels as though we are in dire need of a national, detailed, compulsory GP training programme on menopause, to bring everyone up to date with current thinking & guidelines.

Kkay

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »

THAnks Wrensong, I do 7 a week, keeps everything tickety-boo down there lol x

Annie,

I'm sure you've said this somewhere else, but I can't remember. How many puffs of Estrogel are you on ?

Thanks  :)

KKay

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

I do 2.5 pumps each morning kkay x

Annie0710

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

Wrensong, a gynae prescribed 2 pessaries twice a week but I decided (lol) I wanted to try daily, I just keep putting a repeat in and they dispense ! X
Pages: [1] 2