Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pain before flush  (Read 1876 times)

Yammy1

Pain before flush
« on: January 28, 2018, 02:46:39 PM »

Hi just wondering does anyone else get aches and pains just before a flush. I've been getting pains in my joints just before a flush, mostly my left arm. Anyone else get this?

Daisydot

Re: Pain before flush
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 03:22:29 PM »

Yes yammy they said I had rotator cuff problems at muskoskelatal clinic,it's not it's menopause I know so many ladies with it and so many had shoulder /arm ops so I'm leaving mines well alone,go on you tube and you'll get exercises to do that will help,acupuncture gives temp releif but is very costly best exercise for me was a wee Chinese guy showed stand straight looking ahead,swing both arms up in front to chest level then back do this 6 times then on 7th timebend both knees as if to squat while swinging arms ,it's hard to get timing right at that point but with practice you can and for some bizarre reason it helps.try it see how it goes good luck xx

Yammy1

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 03:32:13 PM »

Thank you Daisydot, doc told me a while ago that I had frozen shoulder. I remember when I was out last night I stretched my arm and it really hurt. This is probably why it's sore today. Just getting a bit anxious thinking the worst, I will try some volterol and exercises.

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »

They haven't a clue yammy ,he told me I had tennis elbow too then next week it was back to rotator cuff then after ct scan it was degenerative discs in neck.theure too knife happy here so I discharged myself and I'll stick to my strange exercises lol.before the shoulder/arm problem it was both my knees they swollen up like balloons and they wanted to do steroid injections then I'd have to drive home so I refused that then couple of weeks later it was my shoulder/arm ,knee pain gone.menopausal gift I've no doubt lol.goid luck xx

Yammy1

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »

I agree with you, I was also told I need a hip replacement  :(. This bloody menopause has a lot to answer for. It seems as soon as you get over or used to a symptom another one appears >:(. Never ending journey that I would like be over sooner rather than later.

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 04:02:15 PM »

Mind games I've known that for a long time now you recover from one setback then it's like your mind actually wants you to be ill so creates these all too real symptoms that can be quite crippling,especially the joint ones and you can only tackle each thing as it happens.fight it yammy that's what I do I refuse to let my mind overwhelm me like this and if my hip is sore today then I convince myself it'll be gone when I wake up tomorrow,it's just a hormonal blip.i genuinely believe now if i can get some kind of reasonable level of balance with these hormones via hrt then there's nothing I can't persuade the mind to address in a positive way and try and get out of this battle of wills with it.

Yammy1

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 04:10:12 PM »

I started taking ads in November (citalopram) . A low dose but I find its starting to help. Before I would go into a blind panic if I got a pain in my arm convinced I was having a heart attack. Now I still worry but not as much, I have bowel problems and when I visited consultant last Wednesday he gave me a prescription for vagifem, he Said it may help with bowels. I'm thinking of getting it tomorrow and trying it, do you have Any experience with this?

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »

Yes it will def help I've found a big difference I seem to be able to pass movements easier.i do not know if you've heard of kefir milk yammy but it's great for ibs etc it has numerous health benefits.

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »

Regarding the joint pains, I've found being on Oestrogel has helped a lot. Been on it for four months now and my hands especially are much better. Keep going with the Oestrogel Daisydot, and with any luck things will improve.

JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:48 PM »

Ty joaniepat your right ive had a good few days now probably because my sleep pattern is improving and I've got my fight back,when I checked my Fitbit to see what it was like a year ago my pattern was shocking 1.5 hours max sleep period as I was getting severe flashbacks to accident so I've obviously come on leaps and bounds to achieve over 7 hours but that's down to me and my husband and the help/advice / support from strangers not my medics.

Yammy1

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »

Thank you Daisydot I never heard of it but I'll defineatly check it out. It's dificult for me because bowel doc said I need to cut out fibre but I have  have type two diabetis and if I do this my sugars start to rise.  Can't win  :P

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 04:53:18 PM »

Your welcome, Daisydot! I love your self-help attitude, it's the way to go! And the MM forum is so helpful when you need to tell the medics what to prescribe. It shouldn't be necessary, but that's the situation we find ourselves in  ::). Glad to hear you are sleeping better, it helps with everything.

JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 05:40:58 PM »

Thank you ladies the support on here is so magic isn't it.yammy kefir milk is available in Asda £1-39 greenish bottle in the polish food section,it's fermented milk been around for hundreds of years leaves probiotics standing ,it's like a drinking yoghurt I make smoothies 3 times a week with it and a banana as I'm a chicken and hate the taste lol but you maybe not mind it.google the health benefits it'll shock you.
joaniepat your so kind thank you so much xx

Yammy1

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »

Thank you Daisydot, I will defineatly check it out x