Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Stressed  (Read 896 times)

audrey

Stressed
« on: November 22, 2017, 08:48:50 PM »

Hi I'm new to this but hoping to find support as so far have been going it alone as my doctor didn't think I was menopausal at all yet the hospital does they say I'm perimenopausal, I've been struggling with anxiety,insomnia, lonleyness, I've gone from mild periods two years ago to massacres most months, I have no female to help me or guide me, I'm 49 years old and my poor hubby is trying his best and is very caring and helps when I break down but I miss a female conversation on this subject.

Dancinggirl

Re: Stressed
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »

Hi and welcome Audrey

Read up all the info on this site to get clued up.
Make an appointment to see the GP at your practise who knows about menopausal problems ( ask the receptionist which one you should see).  Write out all your symptoms and questions and, if you want to try hrt, ask for it. If you are experiencing heavy and problematic bleeding then having a Mirena fitted would probably help. Once you have the Mirena, you can then simply add some oestrogen as pills, patch or gel. This combo may well result in no bleeding at all after a few months. There are combined HRTs as pills or patches but you would get monthly bleeds with these until you are officially post menopause - do look under TREATMENTS on this site.  It's a good idea to print off stuff from This site  to show the GP - helps if you are nervous.
Keep posting. DG x