Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New member same old symptoms  (Read 1081 times)

Daisydot

New member same old symptoms
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »

Hi all new member who very much enjoys reading all your posts and advice.you really are a wealth of helpful info for us all big thank you.
Can I suggest a few helpful things I've discovered.im 60 now although had these issues for years so I've just restarted on Premarin 0.03 after an absence of 7 years or so from HRT.
For all you ladies suffering from IBS can I suggest buying or growing some kefir milk google it and you will be surprised by its health values.its readily available from the major supermarkets asda does it in green bottles in the polish food section.it beats probiotics hands down and is so much cheaper and natural.
The other thing I found helpful for severe va was organic coconut oil from health food store,if room temp you can smear it on vaginal lips as its runny or if you wish you can store in fridge and it solidifies and you can then shape it into a pessary shape and pop inside the vagina its antibacterial and help me immensely in the early days of paper cuts and inflammation.for uretha burning try a small bit of fresh lemon in your glass of filtered water it neutralises the acid in urine.its a long old battle with this isn't it but it's all trial and error and no one thing works for everyine and lastly download a meditation app like "calm" on your phone it can be a godsend at times of stress and low self worth.and ladies do do do recommend this forum/website to everyone you speak to if it just helps one person its worth it .i gave it to lady in superdrug the other day and she was so excited to have something to turn to.thank you for reading.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:24:33 PM by Daisydot »

Hurdity

Re: New member same old symptoms
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »

Hi Daisydot

:welcomemm: and thanks for sharing your helpful tips - and so glad you are able to use a meditation app to reduce stress (and associated anxiety?) without having to take meds for this.

I presume as you are taking Premarin you have had a hysterectomy sometime in the past, or have had a Mirena coil fitted relatively recently - otherwise you would need a progestogen?

You might want to post some of the tips in the Alternatives to HRT section  (even though you are also using HRT) - I think there was already a thread on cocnut oil as well as meditation apps I think.

There may well be a thread on IBS in the Other Health section too.

All experiences and ideas are helpful :)

Hurdity x

Daisydot

Re: New member same old symptoms
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:01:07 PM »

Hi hurdity thank you for replying.yes I had a histerectomy about 20 years ago still have ovaries but was never given any help or advice then at around 50 my then GP put me on HRT for a couple of years but when I moved house the new GP refused my repeat prescription and said best to come off them which I did but since then I've had so many health problems and no support from anywhere I decide to trust my own research and do what I felt comfortable with.i had a battle and a half to get the Premarin off new gp she was vile with me as always,I seriously don't know why she's a GP she obviously hates her job and people.it really is a hard slog but you have to keep positive and these help forums are fab for support I've had some of my blackest moments this last year and it's been a challenge to keep on top of things.i still have a long way to go but I won't give up I know there's help and remedies out there for ordinary people like you and I who actually live through this daily.Therse plenty of alternative remedies like marshmallow route for bladder inflammation and apple cider vinegar it can be ought in capsule form is another great natural healer,Dmannose is useful but mainly for ecoli uti,s but if you do bottle washing after passing poops then ecoli should be a thing of the past,I don't advocate wipes as they can cause dryness and vaginal irritation so good old soap and water after poo and unbleached toilet rolls available on Amazon are a godsend.keep researching there's help there.