Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Am I expecting too much?  (Read 2349 times)

Dotty

Am I expecting too much?
« on: November 26, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »

I'm just starting my 6th week of HRT. I'm taking Elleste Duet Conti.

The day flushes have stopped but the night flushes are still there and sometimes are as bad as they ever were. I'm still feeling dreadful and am just so fed up with it all.

I'm 3 years post meno.....should I have seen more improvement by now?

Thanks

Marie62

Re: Am I expecting too much?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Hi Dotty
It took a good 3 weeks on Elleste Duet Conti for my flushes to completely go, I only had 2 or 3 flushes a night though, I would have thought by 6 weeks your flushes should have gone. I didn't get on with Elleste at all felt it was too strong for me and suffered terrible anxiety and depression about 3 months in but then again it could have been my own hormones,I was 3 years post memo when I started it. Now on Angeliq and feeling much better so far.
General advice seems to be give it 3 months,hope it works for you .

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »

Marie 62 - Interesting to hear that you were 3 years post meno when you started it too.

Thought the hot flushes were going at night but they have come back x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »

Dotty
I had a break from HRT for 3 years in my 50s and then went back on HRT. My flushes and night sweats were gone within 3-4 weeks of restarting HRT.
I am wondering if your night sweats are to do with something else? If your daytime flushes are reduced then I would expect your night sweats to be better as well.
It could be worth popping to the GP to query this. Maybe you have a low grade infection of some kind? This might explain why you feel so awful.  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:57:04 PM »

My friend had flushes all day every day, all night every night for 3 years ....... even with HRT.  Of course it's 2 years ago so I can't remember with my putty brain which HRT she took and if other symptoms were improved.

Why would a low-grade infection mimic flushes  :-\ - when I have an infection, I know that it is an infection!  My flushes felt totally different  :D which reminds me .........

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:49:59 AM »

Hi I have had blood tests to check everything and my blood tests say I am very healthy!!! So it's got to be menopausal .

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »

Sorry
If your blood tests are fine then that's great.
When I was in HRT a couple of years ago, I had night sweats when I was in Utrogestan - I'd never had this before on any HRT.
I also find I get night sweats if I've got a low grade virus - I just generally feel unwell and can't sleep - so this made me wonder if you may have other factors going on.
When my diverticuli became inflamed earlier this year I also had night sweats which I put down to hormonal issues and this is why I wondered if there was a low grade infection. We all experience our flushes differently.
I'm afraid HRT simply may not be working for you yet Dotty.
Give thins more time. DG x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 08:42:03 AM »

Thanks DG