Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Struggling day 5 vaginal oestrogen and low dose pill  (Read 1075 times)

Swoozle

Struggling day 5 vaginal oestrogen and low dose pill
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »

Hello Ladies newbie here and struggling with how I see myself now. Sorry but I feel I have lost my identity but I think I have been going through the symptom's :-\ for years and I have been in denial :o
I am also in a new relationship with a slightly younger man and the vaginal dryness and lack of my normal urges have taken me quite by surprise.
I have put my low mood down to the pressures in my life and family problems.
So ignored the night sweats that I called power surges and my very negative friend who told me on my Birthday its all downhill from now on you have hit 55  :'(
I also ignored the more aches and pains in my joints as being unfit  ::)
Oh and the thinning hair ( where has my lovely hair gone  :-\)
The Doctor advises it will take 6 weeks to see results if any as I am on a very low dose 1mg and two weeks of insertions and then reduced to twice a week.
Can anyone tell me do you have to keep up with the pessaries for life ? and warned to wear pads but nothing is coming out ?
Ladies give me some inspiration please as i have told no one and feel so all alone.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Struggling day 5 vaginal oestrogen and low dose pill
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:08:09 PM »

Well - you are surrounded by negativity!  Take Heart! Is she still your friend?

For me vaginal atrophy felt like razor blades up there.  Plus the need to pee as VA mimics urinary tract infection-like symptoms  >:(.  However, within 2 weeks if suitable medication my symptoms eased and as long as I use the Ovestin1mg every 3 and 5/6th evening, I'm OK.  It is for Life.  Otherwise the vagina becomes dry again.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: skin, deep in the ears, eyes, nostrils, vagina.  Also muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Bugga  >:(  :D

Don't wear pads as they can cause more problems, i.e. either the area becomes more moist or drys out!  Light cotton panties changed daily or go without ;-).  Let the air at it! 

Browse round.  Make notes!

Tinkerbell

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:38:43 PM »

Are you using Vagifem?
If so I use that every night, certainly can't manage on just two a week and I have never needed to use pads, so don't know why you were told that.
Are you using systemic HRT as well?

Swoozle

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »

Yes I am on Vagifem and it looks like after reading many Ladies experiences I have Vaginal atrophy.
Doctor advised every day for just first two weeks and then twice a week thereafter.
Also 1mg oral oestrogen tablet.

Yes I just wear cotton panties.

Thank you for your :D reply

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 04:14:37 PM »

U may need to use the product every night, it really does depend from each lady.  Some find twice a week enough, so don't worry too much.  If you need it every night 4 a while, until your symptoms ease, then do so.  It is a for-ever treatment  ;)

Swoozle

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 04:22:33 PM »

Thank you ladies for your reply's.

Yes sadly my begative friend is still a friend and truly i am not going to give her the satisfaction of knowing that i am taking HRT  :o 

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »

Hi Swoozle

:welcomemm:

Just to add - a question really.

You mention you are taking a low dose oestrogen pill - I presume you either have a Mirena coil inserted or have had a hysterectomy, hence you have no need for an additional progestogen?

I hope you begin to feel better soon  after starting the HRT and the vaginal oestrogen :)

Hurdity x