Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vagifem not available update  (Read 2279 times)

JaneinPen

Vagifem not available update
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:40:33 AM »

Went in to my local Boots yesterday and the pharmacist said that they have a shortage of vagifem and that they are being restricted in how much they are being given. Just phoned my surgery pharmacy and the lady confirmed that all pharmacies have this issue and it is not just Boots. What the ‘H' do these suppliers expect the many many users to do if they won't supply the pharmacies.  Do any of you know more about this?

Lanzalover

Re: Vagifem not available update
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »

Hi Herdwick

Sorry to hear you are having trouble obtaining Vagifem.

I hadn't had any problems until October DH went to pick the prescription up from the chemist I usually use and was told they had used up that months quota and wouldn't be getting anymore until November  :bang:  they gave DH the prescription back and suggested we try another chemist !! I did manage to get the prescription filled in another part of the country as we were away the following weekend. It does sound like this is a supply problem the only thing I can suggest is you email the maker and see what they have to say.

Do hope this isn't going to be an ongoing problem as there will be a lot of very unhappy women out there ( me included)

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Lanzalover x

JaneinPen

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »

Thanks Lanzalover. I will keep you updated. I have enough now until after Christmas.  Will be interesting to see if other ladies are hav8ng problems

Meadowblue

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 03:50:25 PM »

I had the same problem this month and last when collecting my usual prescription.  The pharmacy said would have to chase the supplier.  Luckily after a few days I got the prescription.  Hopefully is just a small blip in the supply chain.

wombat62

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »

Hope you get your supplies sorted out, that's a pretty important product to have shortages for!

As I mentioned in another thread we've had problems with combi patches for a year now in Oz and it's the only one of it's kind here! They say this is the safest form of HRT and yet we're being forced into taking something that's more risky!

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:02 PM »

OMg I go through a box a month !!!
I'm really hoping our pharmacy doesn't have this problem.  It's so wrong how hrt has these supply issues