Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Skin changes including new moles  (Read 12904 times)

Vieja Bruja

Skin changes including new moles
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:03:02 PM »

I've noticed a huge change in my skin over the last 12 months, I'm a freckly person and have noticed one particular freckle on my back grew initially and now it has darkened, become bumpy and is itching, its about the size of a penny. 

I've had other skin changes where what felt like a 'spot' has transformed into a mole (2 on my breast) also other 'clear' and flat moles have appeared mainly on my legs.

I've been taking Elleste Duet 1mg for 2.5 months and had peri symptoms for about 12 months.

I've got a doctors appointment next Monday but I just wondered if anyone else has had such dramatic skin changes?

KAH

Re: Skin changes including new moles
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 02:24:05 PM »

I haven't had any moles getting bigger but I've definitely had new ones appear. Also some that used to be flat are now slightly raised. I'm sure everything's fine but you're doing the right thing getting them checked out, just for your own peace of mind x

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »

Thanks KAH

I just feel like I'm falling apart at the moment, I went for a hearing test today and the audiologist couldn't do the test as my eardrum looked angry and sore and was 'bulging'

:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 04:13:06 PM »

Always show skin changes to your GP, Pharmacist or Practice Nurse, sometimes our skin develops 'tags' otherwise advice should be sought.

let us know!

KAH

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 04:54:03 PM »

Thanks KAH

I just feel like I'm falling apart at the moment, I went for a hearing test today and the audiologist couldn't do the test as my eardrum looked angry and sore and was 'bulging'

:(
Oh me too. I need to go docs to discuss feeling so crap but I have a list as long as my arm and it changes daily so at the moment I'm not going to bother, I find if I bring up more than one thing, they dismiss everything due to anxiety!!

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:51 PM »

Then see your Practice Nurse?  Start by saying "I hope that you don't put my worries down to anxiety although not feeling well makes me anxious and unhappy, could we go through this list ....... " make a double appt..

dangermouse

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:35:27 PM »

I have lots of new mole like growths over my body, especially under my breasts. I asked my GPs about them twice but they said they don't check them and I have to just take a photo and then another one in a few months to see if grown - wasn't very helpful as they are new, not bigger!

However, both my mum and Nan had them so think it's an ageing thing. I also had a couple of moles (if they were) dry up and fall off when I did a juice diet a few years ago so no idea what they actually are but maybe where excess toxins are stored?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 12:45:26 PM »

We shouldn't jump to conclusions.  Do see your GP, Practice Nurse or Pharmacist.  A GP should NEVER dismiss skin alterations of any kind, the instance of skin cancer is rising across the World!

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »

Thanks everyone, I'm at the doctors on Monday (with 3 'items' on the list already  ::) )

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »

Double appt.?  ;)

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:44 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm touched by your kindness - I've been full of cold and have had ear issues too  :'(

The mole was deemed 'normal' and I just need to keep an eye on it - I have a lump on my collar bone so the doc has referred me for an ultrasound as she couldn't work out what it was !

Thanks again, you're angels x

Vieja Bruja

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 12:38:56 PM »

I'm hoping it's a 'fatty lump' as I have something similar on my ribs x