Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this a mental health issue?  (Read 3694 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is this a mental health issue?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »

As someone who had the first panic attack at aged 3: then had depressive illness since 1988 : that regardless of what causes the two conditions, the appropriate medications should be prescribed.  Had I been given HRT and it had taken a while to kick in, or not agreed with me so other types had to be tried, I wouldn't be here.  It was hard enough finding an anti-depressant that didn't make me vomit ........ or feel like I was wearing 7" heels on my wellies [Prozac] ........

jillyt39

Re: Is this a mental health issue?
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2018, 07:22:57 PM »

Hi Poppi

Have you tried asking your doc for CBT therapy?

i had quite a traumatic childhood, bad marriage and other things that have happened in my adult life and then started with depression many years ago. However, when i started with the meno Anxiety became a major issue and I felt absolutely terrible. This year (after suffering in silence for 2 years) I went to my doc and asked for CBT as i felt learning how to deal with what happened in my past might help me with my anxiety and my future. I'm on my 3rd session now and very slowly I am feeling the benefits.

I am not saying this works for everyone but I would certainly speak to your GP about it

Hope this helps
Pages: 1 [2]