Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: IRRITABILITY  (Read 4124 times)

Sparkle324

IRRITABILITY
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »

>:(
HELP PLEASE!!!
I went into early menopause & currently on 2mg femoston (no progesterone cos i was like a beast on that). So im on that nearly a year now. Iv been on anti depressants for years (effexor). BUT about 3 months ago started turning into a C*** to the point im going to end up being commited or arrested  ;D ;D
Im trying to figure out is the irritability menopause related or anxiety disorder related...do I need to tweek the meds or the HRT??? It will cost me the guts of 200e to go back to gynae doc & gp so Im asking the experts here first!  ;) TIA

Dancinggirl

Re: IRRITABILITY
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »

Hi and welcome to MM

Femoston is a combined HRT so does have progesterone - if you still have your womb (uterus) then you have to have progesterone either sequentially or continuously to keep the lining thin.
Femoston 2mg I think is a sequential HRT so you should be getting a monthly bleed?
Do tell us a little more about your menopause journey eg your age, when you were diagnosed, which HRT types you have tried etc ?
Read up all the info on this site to get clued up.
We are not experts or doctors - it's just that many of us have quite varied and long experience with menopause issues DG x

Sparkle324

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »

Hiya thanks for reply!
I stil have uterus so I had the mirena coil put in which releases progesterone. Between that & the 2mg femostan iv have very rare bleeds & light at that.
Im just 43 but started the hot flushes etc bout 4/5 years ago. My mother had her menopause at 38 so I knew Id be early!
I was prviously prescribed 14 days oestrogen then 14 progesterone...no breaks & start new pack. But the progesterone part had me in constant PMT mood so went on to current method
I had awful sweats/flushes/constant vaginitis/thrush/leaking bladder for bout 3 years til I started HRT. Should have gone to a gynae sooner! All that (apart from the severe irritability) is good now.
No sex drive no....gone a long time & even on hrt stil none! Tried testim gel on the abdo for 2 months & nada!  :(

Annie0710

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 03:09:09 PM »

Ive read you should give testosterone 4-5 months to see if there's any benefits, maybe worth another go?

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 03:15:49 PM »

Sparkle - do look at your packet of Femoston - I bet it has progesterone in it!!???  If you have the Mirena, then this will mean you are getting extra progesterone that you don't need and this would explain the irritable mood. You need to have oestrogen only HRT alongside the Mirena.  Do make sure the Mirena is changed every 4 years though.

Why not switch to oestrogen patches(Estrodot) or use Oestrogel( apply to inner thighs each day) as these may deliver the oestrogen you need but cause fewer side effects.

DG x

Sparkle324

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:48:37 AM »

Sorry girls im actually on 2mg fematab....not femoston......just shows where the heads at!!  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »

Hi Sparkle324

I presume you are not in UK as Fematab (oestrogen only) is not listed in oestrogen products available on this website? Personally, in the absence of any reason to feel more depressed - I would try to get the HRT regime sorted rather than the AD meds - due to your age and needing to be on a decent dose of oestrogen for a good few years yet. So - I agree with Dancinggirl - why not try a transdermal HRT especially as you are so young, since you may not be absorbing the tablet oestrogen as well as you could, and also you can tweak the doses more easily?

Hurdity x

Sparkle324

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 12:13:50 PM »

Thanks Hurdity!
Im in the Rep. Of Ireland!
I cant see my Gynae until Jan (thats even private) but Im hoping she can fit me in.
Think you could be right about the oestrogen as Iv looked back on my diary and Iv been an crazy lady. Its great the night sweats/flushes/crying has stopped but the anger..oh boy  ???
Seeing Gp on fri so will keep you updated xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 12:50:54 PM »

Could you have a 'phone appt. with the Gynae?

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

All the best for your GP appointment and yes do let us know how you get on!

Hurdity x

Sparkle324

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »

Thank you Hurdity xx

Can I ask you Annie0710 bout ur bio please? Although on hrt etc there seems to be different hrts uv tried? Did u go from oral to patches (im not familiar with it all). Was there more benefits to one than another? I think early menopause brings so much other (psychological) issues too...no more babies :'( ....ok then i think of wine & its all good  ;) but its hard! Not one of my gf's can relate as theyre stil at the contraception stage!  :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 07:27:52 AM »

Thank you Hurdity xx

Can I ask you Annie0710 bout ur bio please? Although on hrt etc there seems to be different hrts uv tried? Did u go from oral to patches (im not familiar with it all). Was there more benefits to one than another? I think early menopause brings so much other (psychological) issues too...no more babies :'( ....ok then i think of wine & its all good  ;) but its hard! Not one of my gf's can relate as theyre stil at the contraception stage!  :-\

Hi Sparkle, my situation doesn't seem to be the same as anyone else.  I had a hysterectomy at 32 due to total prolapse so kept my ovaries.  During op they severed the blood supply to the ovaries so about 6 months after I started night sweats, itchy crawly skin etc.  Dr ran tests and said it's menopause (because of the blood supply to ovaries) she put me on oral oestrogen and everything vanished and I carried on great .  When I got to 45 I started to feel ill, no hot flushes and none of the first set of symptoms so I tried patches, didn't help, tried Tibolone, helped a bit, so thought the only thing I haven't tried is gel, along with testosterone.  This is the best combo since I was 45, now 51.  I still don't feel 100% but can function at this level (although I wish the nervousness/anxiety would do one)

X

Sparkle324

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »

Oh God Annie you have had a really difficult time of it, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think we all have our individual journeys & unfortunately none are plain sailing :'( The anxiety is awful...have you ever tried talk therapies maybe CBT? It can often compliment medication just to even make the nerves more manageable xx

Annie0710

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 04:58:30 PM »

I paid privately for hypnotic cognitive therapy last year as soon as the penny dropped it was social anxiety(I'd suffered since I was 45 but had no idea what it was) .  It's a little better since using testosterone but it's still there, sometimes I'm ok with social events other times I'm so nervous.  Definitely has an impact which individuals I'm around x

Sparkle324

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:47:43 PM »

I totally hear you Annie; certain individuals can trigger anxiety & then the situations itself can be so anxiety provoking....its sooo awful! But I firmly believe certain individuals not only trigger the anxiety but exacerbate it... Try to avoid them if you can...altho Im stil trying to master that one  ;D xx
Pages: [1] 2