Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Femseven  (Read 1887 times)

Burchers

Femseven
« on: November 21, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »

Just started on the Femsevern patch. Anything I need to watch for or any comments on this treatment. I'm also using Estriol Cream twice a week

racjen

Re: Femseven
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 10:14:41 PM »

The glue is rubbish - mine fell off after 3 days despite warming it with a hairdryer first. I'm also using Evorel patches and they stick so well they can be hard to peel off at all sometimes. Don't know if anyone's found a solution to the non-sticky patch?

Burchers

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 10:36:34 PM »

How do you know if it's suiting you or not?
I'm so apprehensive about HRT but can't go on feeling like I have. I have Colitis and on strong immune suppressant medication.
I'm sensitive to medication.

Burchers

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 07:36:29 AM »

Not even on 24hrs and it's coming unstuck.
Think going to put some tape across it

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:27 PM »

Sorry to hear this Burchers. The only problem with tape is that you may not be able to tell if the whole patch is stuck to the skin underneath the tape, and this is important to get the full benefit of the hormones. There are other Femseven users (past and present) who may be able to give you their tips. I use Estradot and separate progesterone and these patches are tiny so never had a problem with coming unstuck. Also changed twice a week.

Hurdity x

racjen

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »

You'd know if it wasn't suiting you as you'd be getting noticeable side-effects.

Jules53

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »

Hi Burchers

I've  been on Femseven Conti patches for 5 weeks and am starting to feel so much better!  I started on Evorel Conti but they gave me terrible pains in my legs so I was switched to Femseven. The hot flashes went within 2 weeks. I did have palpitations for the first few weeks so I cut my patch in half,  which didn't solve the problem. After speaking to my doctor I stuck a full patch back on and the palpitations disappeared.  So you need to persevere if you get any mild side effects as it can take up to 3 months to get the full benefit.

I'm  sensitive to any new medication and have also just started on Carbimazole for my thyroid, but I'm starting to feel much better.

The downside, as you've already found out, is that they don't always stick well. I've found that I can't have too many baths during the week as that seems to weaken the glue, but showers are fine.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Jules x

Burchers

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:55:33 PM »

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. I started Evritol cream about 4 weeks ago and put my first patch on Tuesday. I have to say So far so good. Hope it continues