News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New  (Read 1383 times)

Maple

New
« on: November 16, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »

Hello.
Apologies as my introduction is a little overdue, I've been a member a few weeks now but have used MM for many months.
My journey began 7 years ago, aged 50 and GP confirming I was in peri menopause, suffering severe symptoms (!). I must confess I've had most symptoms with bells on. It's been a dreadful time but I was quite determined to get through this naturally (my last period being July, so firmly in the 'late' club). But, after having a few particularly nasty episodes of huge flushes followed by 'the shakes' and anxiety I am now on Femoston 1/10. I'm only 3 weeks in but so far so good.
Thank you ladies for being there. I've leaned on you for many months now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. M x

dazned

Re: New
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »

Hi.     :welcomemm:

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

Hi and welcome maple
Pleased to hear you are doing well on Femoston. Quality of life is very important. Enjoy feeling better. DG x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »

Hello Maple and welcome to the forum.

Hopefully your HRT regime will do the trick for you, do keep us posted.

Take care.

K.

Lanzalover

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 04:42:11 PM »

Hi Maple

:welcomemm:

Pleased to hear that Femoston has helped you.

Do keep us updated.

Lanzalover x

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 05:29:27 PM »

HI and welcome from me too x

Maple

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »

Hi,
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. Onward and upward, hopefully.  I'll keep you posted x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »

Hi Maple

:welcomemm: from me too and what a lovely introductory post! So glad you have found reading the forum helpful even before you have posted anything!

I know exactly what you mean - I was determined to do it naturally too - but that was before I knew about the benefits of oestrogen long term in addition to symptom relief, and also before I knew that you could use hormones that are completely "natural" in the sense that they are identical to the hormones we produce (estradiol and progesterone).

Femoston is the closest to being natural of all the tablet HRTs so you have chosen a good one there, if being natural was your aim! :)

I hope you continue to feel well but don't get too despondent if you have athe odd blip =- as long as you are feeling better for most of the time - that's all any of us ask really.

Hurdity x

Maple

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 04:06:35 PM »

Hello Hurdity,
Thank you too for your welcome. It's lovely to hear from you as I am always interested to read your posts, so solid and well informed.
I agonised for months regarding hrt but in the end my hand was forced. Femoston was the one I hoped would suit me as 'natural' was indeed the plan. Things have improved so much already, I'm actually leaving the house and not thinking 'what if' (I have a huge flush, feel lightheaded, nauseous... the list goes on!). I will bear in mind that there may be a blip here and there but this new me is so much better than the old one. Thank you.
M xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 04:09:37 PM »

Also, make sure that you eat regularly as a sudden dip in blood sugar can cause an anxiety surge.

Browse round.  make notes!