Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Estradiol levels  (Read 1111 times)

racjen

Estradiol levels
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:29:36 PM »

Well, 2 months after my Evorel dose was increased to 100 my estradiol level has increased from <44pmol to 245. I'm assuming that's good progress, although I still feel pretty rubbish. Right direction though, that's something :). Now I just have to get the progesterone sorted - gave up on utrogestan after 2 days as the insomnia and anxiety was shockingly bad. Now about to try Femseven and really hoping it'll be better for me because of the androgenic properties - I'm testosterone deficient but so far have found testosterone makes me too depressed to tolerate. God this is all so complicated....

Hurdity

Re: Estradiol levels
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:47 PM »

Hi racjen

Sorry your post got missed! There are so many new threads that posts quickly drop to the next page and sometimes not seen. I've been away since Fri morning so just trying to catch up now (an impossible task!).

That level definitely sounds like good progress. The thing is after a certain point, the level itself is not that important but how you feel, and if you are still not feeling good for most of the time then that level is not right for you.  What symptoms are you still getting that concern you? Also how long did you take the testosterone for because it is a long term solution not a quick fix so needs to be taken for 3 months at least in order to feel the benefits. The gynae I saw said 4-5 months!

I agree it is complicated and it is also much more difficult to get the right balance without functioning ovaries.

Sorry to hear about the utrogestan - again it is sometimes necessary to give it a bit more time....

Hope you manage to get the prog sorted soon!

Hurdity x

racjen

Re: Estradiol levels
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »

hi Hurdity

I had already given Utrogestan a good 3 months and had found it more and more difficult to tolerate - the two days was a retry after a 5 week break to see if I tolerated it any better, but if anything it was worse. Hence changing to Levonorgestrel.

All the troublesome symptoms I'm getting are mood-related - depression and/or anxiety at different times. The depression has certainly improved with oestrogen but it's still a problem. I also suspect that the lack of testosterone is playing a big role in that, but after a week of taking it I was feeling so much more depressed I couldn't carry on. My plan is to try again once everything else is sorted out (but at this rate I'm going to be waiting a long time....) x