Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: First day nerves  (Read 1746 times)

Dreamcatcher

First day nerves
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »

Another new member and new to hrt. In fact I'm brand new as just started my first pump of oestrogel today. I have to do 1 pump then days 15-26 200mg utrogestan.
My blood tests showed
Serum fsh level 17 u/l
Serum lh  level 25 u/L
If this means anything to anybody.
I'm 48 and been having terrible sweats since beginning of year and periods becoming more irregular. Have suffered with terrible anxiety and depression the last couple of years which is worse on a morning. I was started on venlafaxine which really helped so I could function again but it's returned and I'm terrified I go back to the way I was. I have been on citilopram on and off over the years so doctor tried that but it made me worse. Then tried sertraline which ended badly with such agitation. It seems I became resistant to ssri's  :-\
So I'm trying hrt as doctor thinks perimenopause could be making my symptoms worse. I would like to know what to expect over the next few weeks so I can be prepared im very cautious since my ssri disaster
I feel like I've entered another world it's like growing up all over again if you know what I mean.
Thank you to anyone who reads this and please pass on any pearls of wisdom

Tinkerbell

Re: First day nerves
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:45:17 PM »

I use Estrogel..3 pumps a day, my symptoms were awful VA and palpitations, in my opinion it is fantastic stuff! I use a Mirena for the progesterone component, I didn't get on with the utrogestan.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:14:34 PM »

HI and welcome.  You may not get any side effects, I never have except when I take too high dose, I feel jittery

It's good you're starting on one pump but if your flushes return add 1/2 a pump each time for a few days until they stop x

Dreamcatcher

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 07:07:44 PM »

Thank you
I thought it might be best to start low and work my way up if needed, I already have the jitters so don't want to make it worse.
Can I ask you ladies how you apply it? I smeared it on the outside on the top of my arm and left it to dry, it absorbed into my skin pretty quickly. X

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

1 pump is very low but it works for me I get no symptoms its wonderful stuff, you will feel like a new person.

Dreamcatcher

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:48:07 PM »

Oh cassie how I hope that to be true but after the last few years of feeling like this I think my anxiety is treatment resistant and this is me now
It's not asking too much is it just to wake up one morning and feel " normal" instead of feeling terrified. I could understand it if I had major worries but it all seems like I have far too much adrenaline flooding me. My other 2 main symptoms I would say is the sweating and the aching joints and the exhaustion  of it all I feel physically worn out and a right miserable sod too
Where has my happy self gone ?

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:36:49 PM »

I rub mine onto lower and outside of thighs x

Meg

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 01:38:38 AM »

r

The waking anxiety is the worst thing.  Wears a person down.  I long to wake up feeling relaxed again, like I used to be.

Meg

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:23:48 PM »

Anxiety is rarely resistant to treatment!  There are many ways and means but none will ease symptoms immediately unless it's a tablet like Valium either 5 or 10mg to use 'as necessary'.  Been there etc..  Hopefully you are still reading ?  :-\

dazned

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »

Has she gone ! :-\

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 05:34:08 PM »

Looks like it.  Was it something I said  :'( .......... sometimes people can't be bothered to hang around to get the advice they ask for  :(

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 10:05:24 PM »

CLKD she had already gone before you posted so do not fret! Also we don't know what sort of place women are coming from when they arrive here - and some women are in quite a fragile position so can be easily upset - it's not a question of "can't be bothered" - you should know that! For some women - well the forum may not be what they are looking for - not quite the sort of "club" they imagined. Fair enough - as long as everyone is treated with respect that's all that matters - it won't be right for everyone!

Dreamcatcher - sorry you disappeared so quickly after you joined.....maybe you deleted your account by mistake? Another new member did just that recently - I think it's quite easy to do! Anyway we wish you well whatever the reason and if you want to reconsider - there is always someone here to listen.

Good luck with the oestrogel and do hope it works for you :)

Hurdity x

4meSons

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »

Hello again
Silly me deleted my account I never was very good with technology  :D
Tonight is my first utro dose and I'm feeling a bit scared !

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 04:48:56 PM »

WelcomeBack!  I always worry B4 I take a new medication in case of horrid side effects and because I want a cure yesterday  ::) as I hate having to wait for anything!

Little steps.