Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to HRT and confused  (Read 3141 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: New to HRT and confused
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »

GPs :bang: - so often not up to speed and I'll informed - particularly when it comes  to treating menopause problems. The NICE guidelines have been out for over 2 years now and awareness of the impact of meno symptoms are now being highlighted far more. If GPs got their act together the NHS would save a great deal of money.
Print stuff off from this site to show your GP and tell them what you want. Why not try Femoston 1/10 ?   DG x

applejack

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:43 AM »

Thank you DG. Going to mosey around the thread and get more info re 1/10 before I get the results from doc next week.

Meanwhile, despite being off HRT for nearly a month, have started bleeding again. Getting worried now ☹️

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 04:12:12 PM »

Probably your ovaries having a final few gasps!!! You definitely need a sequi HRT. DG x

applejack

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »

Life in the old girl yet ;)

Kristy

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 03:45:48 AM »

I have been on HRT for 4 months using an Estalis Conti Patch 50/140. After being on it for 4 weeks I started to bleed; spotting at first, then it got heavier. I really didn't want this after 12 months of no periods plus also having an iron deficiency. I didn't want to lose blood unnecessarily.
So I decided to cut the patch in half and see if I could wear half a patch, hoping it would stop the bleeding but still keep the HRT benefits.
Well so far it has, the bleeding has stopped and the meno symptoms have not come back so I'll keep going with this for now....

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »

Kritsty - Some bleeding in the first few weeks or even months, on any conti HRt, is quite normal.  The patches are medium dose generally and if your oestrogen levels were low at the start then to hit the body, quite hard, with hormones, it will inevitably react accordingly. The last time I started HRT, after a 15 month break from HRT, the gynaecologist told me to start low and slowly build - I was using Oestrogel with separate progesterone on a sequential basis so expected a monthly bleed as I'd found in the past that conti regimes didn't suit me. 
The best non bleed HRT regime for me, post meno, was the Mirena with Oestrogel alongside.
It's all about trial and error with HRT but beware of chopping and changing too quickly and too often, as this can confuse the body and not achieve anything..  DG x
Pages: 1 [2]