Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Armpit burning and occasional side of breast pain  (Read 12613 times)

Ayley Rorison

Armpit burning and occasional side of breast pain
« on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »

I have had occasional pain and tenderness at the side of my right breast for about 4 years now and have been to my doctor and breast clinic  on numerous occasions to be reassured its nothing to worry about , my armpit gets sore during these spells and sometimes both armpits have burning sensations , anyone else have these symptoms.

Dancinggirl

Re: Armpit burning and occasional side of breast pain
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:35:42 PM »

Hi and welcome.

How old are you and where are you in your menopause journey? If you are peri menopause, then fluctuating hormones can cause this type of problem.  Hormones can certainly cause all sorts of strange aches and pains so your discomforts could simply be hormonal. DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 01:05:44 PM »

My R breast has been sore, painful and tender recently.  It's the breast that had surgery 22 years ago.   I think 4 me it's hormones.

Ayley Rorison

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »

Hi Dancinggirl, thanks for answering, yes Im 55 in January , definitely menopausal as have all the other horrid symptoms, Ive not had a period for 5 or 6 years  and have had the pain and tenderness at side of breast for about 4 years , I think if it was anything serious I would know for sure by now but I seem to be more anxious this time for some reason , maybe because my nipple had been nippy as well .

Ayley Rorison

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 01:33:33 PM »

CLKD, Hi, thanks for answering , this isnt a new symptom, just feel more anxious , was watching This Morning and there was a  man on saying his wife was in jail somewhere and she had pain on the side of her breast and lumps had been found , so I started to panic 😓

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »

Pop to the GP for reassurance - it's no good worrying and that's what the GP is for.
Sadly, feeling more anxious about everything is typical when meno hits. DG x

Conolly

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »

Hello Ayley,

I'm newbie here. I also have these symptoms only it's left breast/armpit. Mammograms show lymphatic tissue infiltration (or something like that, sorry) and gp told me that it can get swollen and hurtful if there's any ongoing  inflammation. If an anti-inflammatory drug eases the pain then it's probably what's happening to you.
Hope it helps.

Conolly x

Ayley Rorison

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 08:59:54 PM »

Hi Connolly, it definitely seems to be something that inflames because theres no rhyme or rythm to it and when it goes away its as if nothings been there , thanks for replying feel a little more reassured now x

Conolly

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »

I hope so! Let me know how it goes. I have been ok for a couple of years but recently it came back, I suspect it might have something to do with weight gain as well.

Conolly x