Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT help  (Read 1231 times)

Dotty

HRT help
« on: November 16, 2017, 07:38:02 AM »

Hi I've been taking hrt for 4 weeks now. The doc upped my dose to Elleste Duet Conti last week. I'm not feeling much better. The hot flushes have stopped during the day but I'm still getting them at night. I'm still feeling sick and am totally exhausted. Have I just got to be patient? X

Annie0710

Re: HRT help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 07:42:59 AM »

Dotty I have no experience of this hrt but if you're not happy with it best thing to do is probsbly go for separates, oestrogen and then separate progesterone where you can increase oestrogen etc.  For this where you have the most control I'd say oestrogel is good x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:01 AM »

Dirty
If you have post meno for some time then you hormones levels will have been very low. It does take time for the HRT to works-its magic. Your body has got to adjust and it's good your flushes are already better but full benefits will take time. You are also on a conti HRT, which means you are using progesterone all  the time - this doesn't suit everyone. Give this HRT at least 3 months before considering a different type of HRT. DG x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:12:14 AM »

I know I've got to give it 3 months but it's so hard when I'm feeling so awful. I'll just have to keep going.

I've no idea if this hrt is suiting me or not as I feel just as bad as I did before I started it. I suppose that tells me that it's not the hrt that is making me feel ill.

I'm 3 years post meno so I suppose my oestrogen levels are very low .

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »

Did you feel sick before the hrt ? X

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:25 AM »

Annie - yes I did feel sick before the hrt. The nausea and not being able to eat has been horrendous. X

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:27:14 AM »

Could you ask dr for anti nausea pills ? I was prescribed them for a really bad migraine after trying a particular hrt and saved the rest for bad nausea days, they were a godsend for those times I couldn't function because of nausea

I wouldn't have the willpower to last this out 3 months personally, so hats off to you and really hope it settles x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:50:41 AM »

I don’t think I have much choice Annie. I have already had my dosage upped so I don’t think the docs will change it again .  I’ve got anti sickness pills but I don’t think they help x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »

Dotty -  If everything has been tested and nothing found to indicate why you feel nauseous all the time and unable to eat, then I'm wondering is some help from a dietician for advice might be wise?  Have you been offered CBT? I personally rely very heavily on Mindful Meditation to get me through tough times.
If you can't eat, then you will feel sick, tired and very anxious. If you haven't been eating, your stomach will shrink and therefore, when you do eat, you may well feel sick.  Perhaps a strict regime of very small amounts often, throughout the day, might help. Eat low residue foods that are easy to digest e..g. cornflakes with Soya milk, rich tea biscuits, in fact anything you enjoy eating - and once you start to feel better, you can then add in more food types till your digestive system is working more efficiently. When my digestive system was really struggling, I bought the ‘nutritionally complete' drinks e.g. Fortisip, to keep me going - I sipped on these over several hours, ate simple foods in very small amounts in-between and gradually everything settled as I reintroduced solid food more and more.
HRT may well help over time but you probably need a range of strategies to get you back on track.  DG x

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 11:08:51 AM »

Hi DG

I think it's hormones causing the nausea. It feels like morning sickness. I don't fancy any foods and just eat what I can. I'm hoping that the hrt will sort the problem x