Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Constant Thrush/skin irritation during menopause  (Read 6717 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Constant Thrush/skin irritation during menopause
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:04 PM »

You use quite small amounts of SYLK with each application - so a little goes a long way. If you buy in bulk it is cheaper. One container will last me about a month. Managing menopause symptoms is expensive - once byou get to 60 and don't pay for prescriptions then you can sometimes get SYLK from the GPs. DG x

Nairn

Re: Constant Thrush/skin irritation during menopause
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:11:26 AM »

Thanks so much for the understanding, support and tips ladies, it has been incredibly helpful,  reading all the posts daily  Sylk and vagifem combined with HRTseem to be the answer, together with being very careful with washing powders.   I've also had success with Diprobase ointment which acts as a moisturiser and barrier if the skin is sore - can either be bought on prescription or OTC, and Emla cream if the pain is too much (but not on broken skin)    It is expensive, I'm lucky to live in Scotland where prescriptions are free and now found a lady GP who is sympathetic  - and after my 'journey' of multiple HRT combos (Now on Femoston 2/10) Mirena coil (3 days=disaster=PID/hospital) and significant progesterone intolerance -is actively trying to help, but I have come to the conclusion that they are finding their way as much as I am.

I think part of me, on my dark days, really resents that my body has decided to do this, and I have come to the conclusion that menopause sucks!!!  I look in great envy at some of my friends who have sailed through it , and have to remind myself everyday that good menopause hormones are a lottery! However still here and thinking positively is the answer, and thank you again to you all for your help and support .
Pages: 1 [2]