Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: In menopause, now getting breast pain  (Read 1663 times)

Dimpy23

In menopause, now getting breast pain
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »

Hi everyone.

Officially in MP, no periods for 18 months, no HRT .. infact gp wouldnt even entertain it or any support or assistance, so ive done it all alone.

One interesting thing is happening at the moment though.

Ive woken up to hard, erect nipples and flushed areola and mildish dragging in the breadt.  Its not unpleasant, just odd.  Ive also, in the last week or so, had cramps like i used to get when ovulating, palpitations and became very wet down below.  Oh and my non existent libido, which didnt matter as im happily single, has gone through the roof lol.

If i wasnt MP id say this was Pms and ovulation. 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Hurdity

Re: In menopause, now getting breast pain
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »

Hi Dimpy23

It depends on your age. Women do sometimes get another ovulation and period more than 12 months since their last one. The time when you can be considered post-menopause is set conservatively at 12 months so that any bleeding after the 12 months has elapsed is investigated to ensure that cases of potential endometrial cancer get spotted early. It could be more of a concern to get bleeding without these additional signs that you are familiar.

Perhaps in two weeks you will get a bleed? If not - unless you have any ongoing symptoms that cause you concern - i would enjoy it while it lasts  ::).

Hurdity x

Dimpy23

Re: In menopause, now getting breast pain
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »

Im 56 with polycystic ovarieß