Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Problems with Premique Low Dose  (Read 2516 times)

Maddyb

Problems with Premique Low Dose
« on: November 09, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »

Am I the only one having nasty side effects moving to Premique from Prempak C - that was discontinued this summer. I have a build up of wind/gas overnight giving me explosive diarrhoea after eating breakfast. I now have a an Imodium very early 5/6am and I'm fine.
Any other sufferers?

Dancinggirl

Re: Problems with Premique Low Dose
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »

Hi and welcome
Essentially, you have moved from a sequi HRT to a conti HRT and I also think Premique has a different progesterone. Conti HRTs mean you are using progesterone all the time and this can give more side effects and the new progesterone may not be suiting you either. 
Things may settle in time but the diarrhoea is strange, how long have you been on the Premique? Could there be any other reasons for the diarrhoea? Digestive problems e.g. gas and wind, are more common as we age I'm afraid. Maybe you would do better on a HRt patch now - less likely to upset your digestive system.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:12:06 AM »

Hi Maddyb

:welcomemm:

To add also, since you have been taking both as tablets - it would be surprising to have such an extreme reaction - but who knows how our bowels are going to react?! However if this bowel reaction continues and is new to you I would say please consult your doctor to be on the safe side.

Hurdity x

Maddyb

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:54:35 PM »

Thank you for your comments. I was on the Prempak for about 10 years and the Premique since June of this year. That's when I started having these problems. And I did go to the doctor - thinking it was a nasty bug - and eventually, just a few weeks ago was sent for a colonoscopy. All clear.
What I just don't understand is how this can suddenly arise. I was absolutely fine before. That's why I have considered the change of pill as a source though it does seem unlikely.