Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: 5 yeas post hysterectomy/ please help  (Read 1461 times)

Yammy1

5 yeas post hysterectomy/ please help
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:21 PM »

Hi I'm just over 5 years post hysterectomy(kept ovaries), just wondering does this meno journey
Ever end. The past few months my anxiety has gone through the roof, dizziness, chest/arm pain scaring The living daylight out of me, I'm 54 in January and clinging to the hope it will end some day, and sooner rather than later. I would love to hear from someone who has come out the other side and have a reasonably 'normal' life. As usual logical head says anxiety and pains are all part of meno, but I can't help worrying as I have health anxiety especially about my heart.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:35:25 PM by Yammy1 »

Kathleen

Re: 5 yeas post hysterectomy/ please help
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:42:28 PM »

Hello Yammy1.

Unfortunately I'm not able to reassure you about life after the menopause as I have yet to  reach those sunny shores myself lol.

I assume  most post meno women  never think to visit a site such as ours although some previous members have returned to tell us it does get better and their posts are most welcome as it gives us all hope!

I completely understand your health anxiety about your heart, my friend is the same and many ladies here have the same issues. During my meno journey my heart has behaved in a similar way to yours but weirdly it's never frightened me however  I do obsess about my digestive system instead.  In my opinion the meno can make you feel so awful in so many ways it's no surprise that we become convinced that we are ill, indeed I plan to try and see my GP soon as I need some reassurance atm.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help but you are not alone and I wish you well.

K.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »

HI Yammy

I had my hysterectomy in 1999, and ovaries failed soon after, so I started hrt at 32.  I would ovulate once every 3-4 months but the oestrogen hrt served me perfectly for 13 years until I hit natural peri at 45.  I felt horrendous, health anxiety (but I do think that's a normal reaction when your body suddenly goes haywire)

I'm now @3 years post meno and although in some ways I'm much better, anxiety doesn't seem to be easing at the moment.  I do think for me being post meno has calmed down many symptoms, nausea, dizziness etc xx

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »

Thank you both for replying. I guess I need to pay doc a visit and have a chat and get some bloods done to see where I'm at. But I really am thinking strongly of asking her for ads to get me through and give my mind a rest.

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »

Yammy, do whatever gets you through this xxx