Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list  (Read 18703 times)

Abba Fan

Re: HELP....am in dire straits with never ending list
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 12:07:48 PM »

Please ask your GP for Prochloperazine also known as Stemetil, it will help your nausea, panic and dizziness. I wouldn't advise taking Alprazolam for very long as it's very addictive and then it's very hard to withdraw from because of the short half life.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:56:35 PM by Abba Fan »

Yammy1

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 12:38:11 PM »

I am sitting here in sheer panic, I've just come back from collecting my three year old grandson from preschool and while I was walking home I got really bad stabbing pain in my left arm, not consistant and its gone now but I really panicked and m back started to pain me too, I probably tensed up too mush. I have takin an energency pill(Xanax) and am waiting for this to kick in. I really don't know how much more of the I can take :'( :'(. Why do I obsess about my heart

Samade

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »

definitely be careful of some of the herbal remedies(not vitamins and minerals) so many have oestrogenic elements to them.  There is so little to help people affected by oestrogens and there is a lot of people affected by them.

HopeAlone

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 01:14:50 PM »

Oh bj I'm not in a position to offer any advice just to let you know you are not alone going through all this. My main symptom is the anxiety and panic some days are worse than others but I'm still not stable enough to return to work yet. I had it really severely and constantly 2 years ago and I was put on venlafaxine and it has helped a lot I just need to sort the rest of me out now. Just a suggestion but have you tried progressive muscle relaxation ? It was one is the things that helped me to relax
Take care x

Snoooze

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »

I am sitting here in sheer panic, I've just come back from collecting my three year old grandson from preschool and while I was walking home I got really bad stabbing pain in my left arm, not consistant and its gone now but I really panicked and m back started to pain me too, I probably tensed up too mush. I have takin an energency pill(Xanax) and am waiting for this to kick in. I really don't know how much more of the I can take :'( :'(. Why do I obsess about my heart

Try not to worry Yammy. I get that also. But, I do lean my left arm a lot on the arm of the sofa while I'm on my laptop. Last week I had a pain down my left arm but when I rubbbed the area, it hurt so I assumed it was muscular. I understand you worry about yor heart as I do too so if I get a pain when walking like I did last week, it does panic me but I just tell myself to ignore it and think back to how many years I've had the pain and nothing untoward has happened x

Yammy1

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 01:31:28 PM »

Thank you snooze, pill has taken the edge off so a bit calmer. I am defineatly going to visit doc and go down the ad route, I mean why suffer like this when there is help, I know she doesn't like to prescribe them but it's my life and my body so I will insist. If. Broke m leg she would give me a crutch, I have diabetes and she prescribes medication so why not help my mind o get through this awful time. I just want to function without feeling so anxious all the time

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »

Hi Yammy

Definitely give ADs a whirl. I'm lucky in that I'm safe to take a high dose of oestrogen, and I don't have either BAC1 or 2 indicators for breast cancer. It was only when I upped my oestrogen dose to 4 pumps and added in a low dose of sertraline that I suddenly started to feel a whole lot better. The sertraline was only meant to tide me over until the stronger HRT kicked in, but I started feeling so well and sleeping so brilliantly that I have kept taking it. It's been just over a year now and I feel better than I have in years.

Bj118

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2017, 01:41:59 PM »

Annie....thank you for letting me know that you too went through the headaches, dizziness and nausea....now I know that I am not going nutty.

Thank you for your kind compliment  :foryou:

Take care, Annie

Bj

Yammy1

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 01:49:32 PM »

Thank you grl, can I ask how long it took for ads to work for you and did you have lots of side effects and if so how long did they last. I tried an ad a few years, the name escapes me but I had to stop due to severe anxiety and night terrors

Bj118

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »

Dear Kate, so sorry to hear that you have been suffering for 5 years......ohhhh dear.....it must have been such a difficult time for you. I am just going through these this year and am already at wits end!
Am also doing therapy, walking, yoga, meditation, trying all that I can but at the end of the day, when I am dizzy and nauseous, all I want to do is just relax in bed....
When the anxiety hits......so tough. Yesterday, when I woke up, I just sat there and wailed like a baby.... cried like it was the end of the world! Thank goodness, my hubs was understand and just consoled me. Today, another crying episode...... :'( :'( :'(
Wishing you well.....hope that we will get better. Hugs, Bj

Bj118

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 02:13:42 PM »

Thank you ABBA Fan for your kind advise.

7 months ago plus 2 more times after a space of 2plus months, I had a vertigo attack and was diagnosed with BPPV. At each of the attack, I was given Stemetil and Betaserc. The last attack, the ENT Dr. did the Epley's manoeuvre twice, which helped!

This dizziness I am experiencing is different.....it's like I am floating, off balance, not spinning, a weird feeling in my head accompanied by headaches. Never had this in my life.

Yes, I understand about Alpralozam and that's the main reason, i was scared to take any until now. My gp had a long talk with me and told me to take for at least 2 weeks as to help me handle the symptoms and anxiety.

Take care, Bj

Bj118

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:36 PM »

Hiya Yammy1, hope that you are calmer now. Don't worry, this happens to me too.....get in to panic and the mind strays to all sorts of worry.
Do let us know if you decide to take AD and how you get on.

Take good care and hugs, Bj

Bj118

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2017, 02:22:44 PM »

Hiya Samade,
Am too frightened to try any herbal supplements. As it is, even medicines for menopausal help is off limits to me  :'(
Wished there is something out there that could help people in our position. It is crazy that we are expected to live like this.....so debilitating  :'(
Bj

Samade

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 02:27:12 PM »

yes don't take any supplements you just can't be sure what are in them!

It is so frustrating but you are not alone  :hug:

Bj118

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »

Hello HopeAlone,
Thank you for your kind reply.
Could you kindly let me know what medication is for progressive muscle relaxer?
What do you take to help you with your anxiety and panic?
I found that my anxiety is getting progressively worse....constantly feeling dread, fear and sad
Hugs and take care, Bj
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7