Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi Everyone....i am new on here  (Read 1388 times)

Primrose

Hi Everyone....i am new on here
« on: November 08, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Crumbs....where to start. In Aug I got what I thought was a UTI....No infection found.

Sore vagina...dry,  numb...ultra sensitive clitoris (sorry, I feel really awkward but honestly it has been horrendous).

Following on from this.... really poor sleep numbness and tingling in hands and feet.....sometimes in mouth...burning in mouth and tongue.

Anxiety on waking (my goodness what is that about) dry hair, palpitations...poor co-ordination....poor memory.....elbows for some reason are agony....aches and pains.

Tearful, hot then cold....sore breasts....no period for 3 months then 3 in one month then to top it all this weird internal tremor.

Went to see GP armed with my dear Mum and a list of approx 50 symptoms....terrified I had some  horrendous neurological disease.

He was  brilliant....appointment lasted 30 mins...he went through all my symptoms , thorough check over....bloods showed drop in Oestrogen...he said Menopause....prescribed 1mg HRT combined there and then.

Do I feel better...inner tremor gone....vagina feels like I sometimes wish I didn't have one....numbness and tingling comes and  goes....i just feel so totally fed up....exhausted with it all....mood low....fearful.

So sorry to be a nuisance I am 49 and feel so unhappy...i have 2 fab children a brilliant job and a wonderful partner and I feel utterly awful....please tell me I will be ok and it gets better.

Thank you so much,

Primrose

HopeAlone

Re: Hi Everyone....i am new on here
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:01:05 PM »

Hi primrose
I'm a newbie too so this new world is new to me too.
I totally get the morning anxiety I hate it and have had it for over 2 years now. I didn't know it was a symptom of menopause till a few weeks ago when I found this site. I've tried lots of meds over the 2 years some ok some terrible but it still lingers. I also have the joint pains and internal tremors I could go on and on.
I recently started hrt and no improvement yet but it's still early days.
Anyway I will stop waffling and I'm sure some of the wise ladies will be along soon x

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

Hi Primrose, sorry you are feeling so unwell. I too have all the symptoms you mention and I think I am voing to give in to hrt this week. If my gp will perscribe it to me. My issue is that I am only 35 but I came off birth control in May    2015 and my issues started then. I had the numbness, tingling, joint aches (more so in the last few months and getting worse), palpitaions, chest pains,acid reflux,weight gain at first, then major weight loss,just terrible symptoms.I went to my gp and I told them over and over it was hormones but they wouldn't test even though I went a year with very scant periods. Anyway, I am rambling g here but I kept being offered anti anxiety meds, which I did reluctantly try.  I lasted 3 weeks on my third one and I just knew it was hormones causing this. Imay have had mild anxiety prior to all this but nothing like ihave now.  I had to force myself back to work. I get the tremors a lot and my gosh icry so much. I too have a great job, a wonderful child, no partner but life was really good when this happened and doctors wanted to tell me I was depressed. Its an outrage that so many women suffer like this. I truly feel for women. I'm still not better but I hope I will get some hrt and some relief. I hope you do too.. I feel so sad when I see anothee lady coming on the forumand not getting the proper care. Fingers crossed for you.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »

Hi and welcome Primrose

Which HRT were you given? How long have you been on this HRT?

Menopause does throw so much at us - it can be frightening how life changes.

Do read up all the info on this site to get really clued up.  WE are here to help so keep asking questions.

Desperatedee - you are going to have to be quite firm with your GP.  Write out all your symptoms and questions, tell them you have done research on this reputable site and ask for a referral to a gynaecologist or meno clinic because you feel you need a proper assessment of what is going on. Hormonal imbalance can happen at any age.  My peri meno started in my mid 30s and I was just lucky I had a clued up GP at the time.

DG xxx

Primrose

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies I truly appreciate the support.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I finished work today.  I made it through  another week, so tired.

Please anyone who feels this way make your long list and take it to your GP. It is 2017 we cannot be left to suffer and I have felt like I have been suffering.

The HRT I have been prescribed is Elleste Duet 1 mg I have been taking it for 2 weeks.

I hope it starts to improve  some of my other symptoms soon. I feel so crazy still and frightened and that at times is too much.

Lanzalover

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »

Hi Primrose

:welcomemm:  I can rember those feelings and it does get better. 2 weeks isn't very long to have been taking HRT and it is recommended that you try each type for 3 months to feel the full benefits hopefully you should start to feel better soon.

Lanzalover x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:15:58 AM »

Primrose - early days yet. It takes time for the HRT to work its magic and balance things out. If after 3-6 months you are not feeling significant improvements generally, then it's worth perhaps trying a different HRT type eg Femoston. Beware of increasing dose as you are still peri meno - in my experience this doesn't always work - though others would disagree with me. Do remember that your o hormones will be fluctuating throughhe peri memo and this makes getting the balance right very challenging.  DG x