Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi I'm new  (Read 1021 times)

Cheeckychick

Hi I'm new
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:46 AM »

Hi I'm 43 and going through what I've been told is premenopausal
My mum was 42 when she stated hers
I feel low ratty my legs just ache me this morning and sleep  :o I go to bed at 10 wake up either every hour from 2 or 4.30 / 5 I keep getting a really hot face then it stops but if I try and speak to dr about it they ignore me 🤔🤔even though I never get the same dr

Ginger2004

Re: Hi I'm new
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:18:16 AM »

Hello,

I'm new to all this also and put on a
post on here yesterday but got no response.

So although I'm no expert at all this and confused at my symptoms all I would suggest is that you are unsure, I would try and get to see the same GP if you can even though it may be that you have to book your appointments in advance and build up a bond so that you don't just get fobbed of and sent away because you are only 43.
As you will have noticed if you have read up your symptoms on this site as I have, age it seems is irrelevant to some ladies, it hits people in different decades.
I like you (but have 8 years on you) have been told I'm no where near menopause as my hormones are ok and I'm still getting monthly periods although they have changed a lot. Length wise and how they are now. I ache a lot,my sleep can get disrupted at certain times, I get these phases of red race, heat as I would try and explain it, but I have also started to get anxiety last year, and some of the symptoms seem to mimic each other. I know my body is going through something it kind of hit me like a wall and I don't feel myself.

I would push for some answers if you can and like I say it would be good to see the same GP if possible.

Hopefully some of the other ladies will get back to you, with more expertise on this subject than I currently have.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 09:07:31 AM »

:welcomemm: cheeckychick
Good post from ginger.
My meno started in My mid 30s
- I was lucky to have a clued up GP at that tome. Peri often starts in our mid 40s and a low dose of HRT can be beneficial. Do look at lifestyle first eg diet, exercise and relaxation techniques - HRT isn't always good in the very early stages as it might give hormone overload at times. The peri stage is tricky because our hormones can have big fluctuations - however HRT can help balance this.
 Read all the factual stuff on this site to get clued up. Write all your symptoms and questions and go back to your GP to ask for help.
Print stuff off from this site if need be to ullustrate your points. Good luck. DG x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »

Hello Cheekychick and welcome to the forum.

There are many ladies here who can sympathise with what you are experiencing and your doctors really need to take you seriously. I agree with Dancinggirl, you should arm yourself with information from this site and take it to a GP who will help you. At 43 your menopause has started earlier than average so you should be offered treatment.

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Hi Cheeckychick

:welcomemm: from me too.

Just to ask also what are your periods doing in terms of cycle? Have you started skipping any or has your cycle length got longer or shorter, or have your periods started changing eg heavier, lighter, longer bleeding etc? You might still be in the Late Reproductive Stage before peri-menopause when you are ovulating regularly but when some changes start to occur. Some women experiencing worsening pms at this point or the unlucky ones start to get the classic menopausal symptoms of flushes and sweats too - due to the hormonal fluctuations - and has Dancinggirl says - a low dose HRT may well be of benefit.

There is an article on peri-menopause here which you might find helpful:
https://menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf

Hurdity x