Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Is it normal  (Read 1882 times)

Balissymo

Is it normal
« on: November 04, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »

Hi all hope your all ok well just wondered if all these symptoms are normal,over the last couple of weeks I seem to have had panic attacks,anxiety,mood swings aggressive,happy ,sad talking non stop sore boobs the feeling of labour almost and so tired which makes it so much worse is this normal them all coming at once??? Help please else I might be in the loonie bin soon  ;) xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Is it normal
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

Yep.  Sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting: and don't forget the vaginal atrophy that might become a nuisance!

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: nostrils, deep in the ears, skin, roof of mouth, vagina ....... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains  >:(  ::)

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary useful.  To chart progress through The Change. 

HORMONES  >:(.   Depending on how old you are and how bad your symptoms affect you, HRT may be useful.  Have a read round.  Anxiety and depression can become over-whelming and many GPs will treat with appropriate medication but some ladies find that HRT helps.  Depends on whether you feel that these symptoms are usual for you during your menstruating years or more recent as your hormones raise and fall.

Balissymo

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 01:21:57 PM »

Thanks I'm not sure if my anxiety etc is normal for me as I haven't had a period for years due to the pill I think but it's like every day a new symptom appears lol it's crazy I do need to go back to the doctors but trying to get an appointment is like finding gold and thanks for saying about the dryness in the mouth etc cos I thought I was coming down with something haha 😂 xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:53:57 PM »

Some toothpastes can cause burning of the mouth when eating!

Maybe decide which symptoms you would like to ease first?

Balissymo

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 06:36:07 AM »

Thanks it's great knowing I'm not alone  :) xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »

Hi Balissymo

:welcomemm: from me too.

I presume you mean the mini pill? Can you tell us how old you are? Anxiety and mood swings commonly occur at peri-menopause although just before peri-menopause proper ( ie generally irregular periods) pms symptoms often start to worsen. Without periods it's hard to tell where you are - but sounds typical especially if you are over 45. If the anxiety is new for you and without a particular reason then it is most likely to be hormonal.

You could consider swapping the mini-pill ( if this is what you are taking) for one of the newer gentler CCPs designed more for peri-menopausal women. They contain oestrogen in them the same as in HRT. They would regulate your cycle but would add extra oestrogen which could now be fluctuating more and/or decreasing. The types are QLAIRA and ZOELY.

Another alternative is swapping the mini pill for the Mirena coil and adding oestrogen in the form of gels or patches (or pills if this is what you prefer.

These are the recommended treatments for the hormonal symptoms due to menopause, including anxiety, rather than other medication, in the first instance.

Do have a read of the information on the main website ( pale green banner - top tabs) and do come back to us if you have any more questions - or just for a chat!

Hurdity x

Balissymo

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 06:39:26 PM »

Hi and thanks I am on the mini pill but I don't have periods haven't done for years  about 6 years ago my anxiety started out of the blue it was horrendous and I was put on anti depressants which I came off this year as the doctors said I had been on them to long I've been really emotional for some time and I've been having major hit sweats for years but now just get flushes it wasn't until recently when my pill was changed to zeletta that I started to have panic attacks my mood went right down where every little thing got me angry so I stopped taking it which made me 10x worse I went to the doctors to change the pill and I asked for a fsh test which was 3.4 the receptionist told me I was in the 1st stage but I can't get back in to see a doctor to advise me I did google it but that just said I wasn't even in puberty lol 😂 I'm very confused about all of this this new pill has helped but I still have all these symptoms xx

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »

Hi again Balyssimo

Do you mind my asking how old you are?

Your doctor has just swapped one mini-pill for another and zeletta contains desogestrel (like Cezarette) which depresses oestrogen levels (not sure what it does to FSH). In any case FSH tests are not reliable indicators of menopause as they vary so much, and without a cycle you don't know where you are in menopause.

If you are under 50 then instead of the mini pill you might like to consider one of the newer CCP types like Qlaira or Zoely which also contain oestrogen as estradiol - the same as our own bodies produce and is in most HRT types - so gentler than the synthetic CCPs. This would control your cycle, but give you some oestrogen too so hopefully lift your mood and prevent the worst of the mood swings?

Hurdity x

Balissymo

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 08:42:19 PM »

Thanks hurdity
I'm nearly 42 and I've been on desogestrel for years I've had cezarette etc it's is worth asking for something new but most doctors just look at you like you stupid  :-\ xx