Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Surprise bleeding  (Read 1125 times)

Kazg66

Surprise bleeding
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »

Hi everyone, I've been period free for 2 years, I started on evorel conti nearly 3 months ago and all was well. Last night I started bleeding, very red and fairly heavy and I'm concerned that this is not right, i am also on apixaban(blood thinner for a-fib) which is probably making things worse..any advice would be grateful xx oh im 50 years old.

Mini1

Re: Surprise bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 12:27:06 PM »

Hi  Just wondering how you are finding Evorel Conti?  I have just started on it x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 12:41:27 PM »

Kazg66
It is quite normal to get some bleeding in the first 6 months of any conti HRT and for many women the conti HRTs can result in ongoing erratic or problematic bleeding.  It's basically your body adjusting to the hormones, the womb has built up and is therefore shedding - by 6 months of use, the HRT should have got the balance right, your body has adjusted and this should mean no more bleeding.
You need to check with your doctor about the ‘blood thinners'.  I doubt they would be causing the bleed but perhaps have an influence on the bleeding - your gynaecologist should know?

If the bleeding doesn't subside over the next couple of weeks then do pop back to the doctor, as you may need a scan to see what's going on.  If bleeding is ongoing, then having a Mirena fitted can be a good option and you then use oestrogen separately as gel or patch.  DG x 

Kazg66

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply, I've found the Conti to be really good, stopped the horrendous night sweats in a few weeks and had no problems at all up until a week ago when my breasts became really sore then the surprise bleed yesterday, after two years with no period I was really surprised but will give it a week and see what happens. None of my friends are at this stage so thank you again for your advice it's great to know there are women in the same boat and I don't feel alone....best wishes to you all, Kaz xx
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:35:35 PM by Kazg66 »