Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1264 times)

Marylou66

« on: November 06, 2017, 12:56:02 AM »

Hi
I am Mary and I've been on this rollercoaster call perimenopause since March 2017. Its been a h--- of a ride. Ive had severe symptons almost daily, from anxiety, stomach issue, burning sensation, heart palpitations & rapid heart beat, chest discomfort, dizziness, lightheadness, off balance, eye problem, thyroid being hyper to hypo then to normal, shortness of breath, acid reflux, body weakess especially in arms and legs, headaches, being cold, hot flash ( not too much) , back pain , shakiness, feel of lump in throat, no libdo whatsoever, lost weight not gained , internal tremors , feel of crawling sensation, itchy skin, feel like I am losing it. I  strive daily just to get through another day.

peri

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:21:56 AM »

Welcome to the forum Mary, you'll learn lots here which will hopefully help you.  Tell us a bit more about yourself, how old are you, and whereabouts in menopause do you think you are? You can enter a term in the search bar above and re-read threads on previously discussed topics.  Have a read and don't hold back on asking questions, you've come to the right place for help x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »

Hi and welcome Marylou66

Poor thing. Read up all
The factual Info on this site to get really clued up -  print stuff off and see the GP to discuss HRT options. dG x

Yammy1

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »

Hi marylou, health anxiety is by far the worst symptom of meno. I am constantly fearful of having a heart attack even though my heart has been checked out over the years. I get chest discomfort/pain, dizziness, arm pain and generally feel tearful and down. I have tried hrt a few times but without success, I think I may have to go down the ad route. I really feel for you but just know you are not alone

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 02:39:16 PM »

Hello Marylou66 and welcome to the forum.

From reading your comments I can tell that you are going to fit right in lol!  I had no idea that changing hormones could have such a profound effect but finding the wonderful ladies on this site saved my sanity and helped me feel less alone with it all.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Ginger2004

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 04:04:18 PM »

Hello Marylou66,

I'm new to here also, I am no expert at all, but I also started to get anxiety at the end of last year.

Hit me out if nowhere whilst driving and unfortunately I kind of gave it to so much so that I tried again a couple of times to drive but then gave up and didn't drive for months.

Im now a few months later down the line and with keeping a strict diary have started to understand that it's my hormones fluctuating that bring on different symptoms throughout the month and although I can not now keep a social diary and arrange anything as I don't know when I shall get my next period as they are changing length wise, I understand my body a little bit more.

I had no idea a year ago that hormones could make me feel anxious, giddy, unbalanced at times, nauseous, give me upset tummy when I have never had tummy issue, acne, I never had as a teenager, my skin has changed, even my beautiful thick hair that I have always had compliments on is starting to thin out at my temples.

So although my GP and Gynocologist have both told me I'm no where near menopause, quite frankly I beg to differ.

I have already had some kind responses to the first post that I placed yesterday and I hope you get a lot of comfort also.

Ginger.

Balissymo

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 06:27:51 AM »

Hi marylou66

When I was reading your post it sounded like me!! I'm new to all this to and this group is great xx