Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nausea, feeling full, no appetite.  (Read 5915 times)

Mini1

Nausea, feeling full, no appetite.
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:56:44 AM »

I saw a different GP yesterday and she says that my symptoms of nausea, no appetite, can't eat, feeling full are not menopausal symptoms.

Now awaiting more tests x

Dancinggirl

Re: Nausea, feeling full, no appetite.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

Whilst not necessarily a menopause symptom,  Digestive problems certainly increase when meno hits - I know from personal experience. DG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:02:13 AM »

Our hormones control so many things in our bodies, it's not surprising that the lack of oestrogen will effect the the digestive transit.  The digestive system is full of muscles and oestrogen deficiency reduces collagen production, which is vital for muscle and skin strength and health. I also think our digestive enzymes don't work as well either.  This is all my own theory on things, so nothing scientific.  I expect in time they will do more work on this, as finding better ways to compensate for the lack of oestrogen as we age will help the long term health for many women. In the mean time, some HRT will be good for a while but I've found I have to adjust my diet and general lifestyle to cope with this oestrogen deficiency - sadly current HRT treatment is far from ideal as it does bring too many side effects for many, particularly as we get deeper into post meno.   DG x

Mini1

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »

I’m just hoping the hrt works for me as this feeling sick all the time is awful.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:30:46 AM by Mini1 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »

Your GP can prescribe appropriate medication Mini1.   In 1991 I had dreadful 'back up': my body felt hungry but my gut spasm had almost stopped working so nothing was passing through.  I felt sick.  Tired.  Bloated ...... = IBS! so my GP prescribed Motillium and Colpermin peppermint capsules, the trick being to swallow them within an hour of eating every main meal. 

The former is no-longer available so check with your local Pharmacist for an alternative as well as an anti-sickness med., I have in the past used travel sickness remedies but some can cause drowsiness. 

The idea is to speed up digestive process and this regime saved my Life.  I stuck with it for 5 years then a friend suggested Actimel which certainly helps keep my bowel regular.  I stopped the prescribed medication and 2 years ago, found that I don't need anything now although I do suffer slow transit occasionally.

HORMONES  >:( - can certainly affect the bowel.  10 mins. B4 a bleed started I would have to dash to the loo with 'the runs'  :-\ even if a period wasn't due so holidays/travelling at that time of month was impossible.  So it stands to reason that your symptoms may well be hormonally triggered but your GP should maybe treat symptoms rather than a 'reason'.

Mini1

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Hi

Taking Actimel sounds good...I'll try that
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:31:06 AM by Mini1 »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:01:34 PM »

Is that to take daily or as necessary?

Off to google  ::)

dazned

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 12:19:57 PM »

I use to have this regularly,a bit like morning sickness but all day  :-\
I used an travel sickness pill 💊 it did help. Had it 5 days before period due then it would stop.

Mini1

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

Hi CLKD
Doc gave me enough for a week .... one tablet 3 times a day, but I haven't been taking it 3 times as the nausea wears off. xx

Mini1

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »

Dazned,,,,mine is exactly the same as morning sickness. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:31:32 AM by Mini1 »

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 01:02:08 PM »

Her time will come  >:(;D : which bit of HORMONES doesn't she get? 

We understand.  We also know that lots of UK GPs have very little or no idea about menopause  :bang: :bang: :bang:

When is the nausea worse?  I always feel worse in the mornings probably because my body is hungry and pleased that you don't need the 3 times a day.  !

Mini1

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »

I'm so fed up with it at the moment. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:31:49 AM by Mini1 »

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »

I'm so fed up with it at the moment. 
My GP says my symptoms are not menopause.....
During peri I got nausea in the mornings  but it wore off during the day. Not enough to stop me eating.

discokaren

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 02:07:48 PM »

my stomach problems are really bad at the moment, bloating, trapped wind, constipation and feeling sick are just a few and it gets painful sometimes too. its as if my whole digestive system has just slowed right down. it tends to be worse when my anxiety and panic feeling is bad which i never suffered with before i have had a ct scan they didn't find any thing but they want me to have the camera down my throat which terrifies me.   

Mini1

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »

I have got to have an endoscopy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:32:05 AM by Mini1 »
Pages: [1] 2