Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How many people take anti-depressants with HRT?  (Read 1369 times)

Noheroicsplease

How many people take anti-depressants with HRT?
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:20:40 PM »

My grumpiness, my intolerance, my snappiness, my push to sadness - it's at an all time low. I take 2 x pumps of estrogel a day and I'm using the mirena, but toying with utrogestan as an alternative progesterone.

I don't feel HRT is doing much for me, especially since my symptoms weren't that physical. but I've been heavily encouraged to take it because I was a hair's whisper from premature menopause and osteoporosis in the family.

But my moods SUCK. And even my son told me tonight that I'm really grumpy. He's going to have such shit memories of his childhood at this rate.

What can I take? What should I do?

dazned

Re: How many people take anti-depressants with HRT?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:48:48 PM »

I use to take both ,now I just use an AD .my symptoms were all about anxiety,palpitations etc. It's horrid feeling as you do I totally understand. I know there are others on here hopefully they will be along soon. Hope you feel more settled soon.

Natslie

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 12:36:58 AM »

I'm new to this. Been feeling not myself since April been on antidepressants changed to prozac in July. Had blood tests showed menopause put on livial been on a month mood low and feel snappy no interest etc not feeling my old self at  all. Libido not changed. Wondering why no change sometimes think never feel myself anyone else feel same? I'm not interested cooking etc not normal feel like different person. Feel disconnected with partner not same at all. It's scary feel lost in myself. From April till now been horrible time not knowing why feeling  so not myself lost confidence etc really feel like different person be nice to talk to others going through the same. Feels like going mad. Hope this livial works.

jennyp25

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 09:40:19 AM »

Hi Natalie I'm feeling exactly the same like I'm in a bubble of my own. Been on AD'S for years. Started HRT a week ago because I was having bad mood swings. No sleep. Had hysterectomy 14 years ago but was left with one ovary. My GP says I tick all the boxes for menopause. I'm scared that it's my depression and not menopause. I've been signed off work as I'm not coping and I've been given diazipan also to help me sleep. So I feel you completely sending hugs 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:50:18 AM »

Finding a treatment that eases depressive symptoms, regardless of causation, can be tiring.

Prozac wouldn't be my first choice - it made me  :cuss: - unless it is supposed to ease menopausal symptoms? 

Samade

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »

When peri first hit about 4 years ago I went on prozac, not good to start with but great when it finally kicked in. Unfortunately about a year later I thought I was better and came off ( no problems on a slow taper) and when last year it reared its head again I went on to citalopram, which is ok but in hindsight wish I'd stayed on prozac

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 03:30:58 PM »

I was the same: would feel better so stop the medication  ::) - however.