Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Depressed, please help  (Read 8261 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: Depressed, please help
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »

Hi all
Had to take the patch off today as ever since putting it on i have had a headache from hell, tried cutting them in half but stiil headache, cant win oral makes me depressed and the patch gives me headaches , my GP wont even consider the gel so what can i do, thought of trying an online gp ??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »

Send an e-mail to Dr Currie and ask?

moonbeam121167

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

I will have too wont i 😁

Katia

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 07:20:12 PM »

Moonbeam, I think transdermal is better for headaches than oral.  maybe have another word with your GP.  I tried the gel and it didn't work for me.  I prefer conjugated which seem to be slower released.  Testosterone didn't work for me either. It was like I'd overdosed in estrogen. That's not to say I won't try it again in the future.  You're the same age as me and I think at this time we can be quite sensitive to androgens and it can be hard to find a balance

moonbeam121167

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 09:29:15 PM »

What HRT do you use and how much do you use may I ask, I was on 100mcg Extradition until June this year and was good on it except for the so called tension headaches, never had mood swings as such or even depression  but when I went on the pills in June I started to feel sad moody and this week I had a melt don't in Sainsbury car park so I stopped them and Thursday I stuck a patch on OMG come Friday I had a God all mighty headache so I have taken off for now but not sure what to do next !!

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2017, 12:30:34 PM »

Give your body a rest?

Katia

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2017, 05:35:31 PM »

Moonbeam, I use Premarin, but I'm having some cycle problems and this week feel,like I've got way too high estrogen. Im struggling to find a progesterone. I'm not sure,Premarin would be rec'd for migraines.  I believe transdermal like gel is better for that

moonbeam121167

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »

Well I have not used HRT for a few days and tonight I have put on 1/2 100mcg Estradot patch, on my upper arm and hopefully it will be ok and when I see my GP on the 13th I am going to tell her straight I am never using the oral HRT again, not sure if 50 is going to be enough but thought it will be better than having nothing at all, my husband said he is coming to the GP with me and going to tell her that the pills were making me very depressed and I am not using them again ..

Annie0710

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »

Does your leaflet say patches are ok on your arm? I thought they should be placed below tummy x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »

Can put them on my stomach as I have more stretch marks than anything, found they never stuck they would wrinkle up, the consultant in the hospital on my very last visit with him said you can put them anywhere except your boobs, so as I use thongs and jeans alot I try the upper arms .

Annie0710

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »

Ah ok.  I've never done the arms just the thighs and bum x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2017, 08:58:10 PM »

I used them on my bum for years but as I wear alot of thongs and wear skinny jeans I found they were coming off, they were ok when I use normal knickers but found more often than not they keeped on coming off,  I sometimes used french knickers but found they also keeped coming off, so I thought this time I try them on my upper arm, but have noticed after a few hours of wearing it I have a very bad headache but it my be a coincidence we see, all I want is to use something and be all good but so far NO

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2017, 09:03:25 PM »

I think that patches are OK on the arms as long as you don't hug your loved one, cat, dog  ::)  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 08:51:39 AM »

That's completely wrong CLKD - you're getting mixed up with oestrogen gel. With patches - of course the oestrogen has no contact with anyone else so you can hug anyone at any time! With gel you have to wait at least one hour before skin to skin contact with someone else or pet - irrespective of where on the body it is applied, due to potential transfer.

Moonbeam - if your consultant is happy with that then I presume it's OK but I would put as far from upper arms as possible since the instructions are for lower abdomen. I can see why the were falling off if you wear skinny jeans and thongs because they would always be rubbing against the patch, although normally I would suggest butt cheeks were the safest in terms of staying on!

I hope you get back to somewhere like you were before and feeling better on the patches - by building up slowly.

Hurdity x

jennyp25

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 12:14:20 PM »

hi been off work 2 weeks now. started Evorel 25 nearly 3 weeks ago. im not as depressed but mixed feelings through out the day like anxiety, agitated then a little low exhausted. I have been on AD,S for many years as k have suffered depression since A young age, I had hysterectomy 14 Yrs ago, left with o e ovary. my GP thinks i a menopausal due to not sleeping, tearful, depression got worse for no reason. but i am still not feeling myself. anyone else out there experienced this. is this normal when staring HRT?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4