Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Utrogestan and flushing  (Read 5779 times)

Mary G

Re: Utrogestan and flushing
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »

Meeka, that is incredibly low, almost as low as my post menopause base level of 20 pg/mL which is 73 pmo/l.  I had a year off HRT and several gaps to get an accurate base oestrogen reading and it has always been the same - it's a useful reference point.  The post menopause range is anything up to 30 pg/mL which is 110 pmo/l so that gives you an idea. 

Are you getting any relief on that level of oestrogen?  The symptoms of flushing after certain foods and alcohol are a symptom of low oestrogen.   You could consider splitting the dose by about 12 hours (morning/evening) and also splitting the location.  You can use Oestrogel on your upper, outer arms too.  You are applying a lot of gel on one location and that might not help.  I take it you have 'real' Oestrogel and not Oestrodose? 

What was Professor Studd's response to your blood tests?

Meeka

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 08:00:50 PM »

Meeka, that is incredibly low, almost as low as my post menopause base level of 20 pg/mL which is 73 pmo/l.  I had a year off HRT and several gaps to get an accurate base oestrogen reading and it has always been the same - it's a useful reference point.  The post menopause range is anything up to 30 pg/mL which is 110 pmo/l so that gives you an idea. 

Are you getting any relief on that level of oestrogen?  The symptoms of flushing after certain foods and alcohol are a symptom of low oestrogen.   You could consider splitting the dose by about 12 hours (morning/evening) and also splitting the location.  You can use Oestrogel on your upper, outer arms too.  You are applying a lot of gel on one location and that might not help.  I take it you have 'real' Oestrogel and not Oestrodose? 

What was Professor Studd's response to your blood tests?

I get it prescribed by my GP on Prof S instruction.  They do supply me with Oestrodose??  Is this not as affective? I thought it was the same?   Prof S said it was low but I shouldn't require more than 4 pumps . 
I feel OK in general.  No night sweats or hot flushes.    Ive always flushed after wine or spicy food, ive always had those triggers even when I was in my 20's

Mary G

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »

I don't have any experience of it myself but according to women on here, Oestrodose is not as good as Oestrogel.  Apparently a lot of pharmacies are dispensing it instead of Oestrogel, probably because it is cheaper. 

Meeka

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »

I don't have any experience of it myself but according to women on here, Oestrodose is not as good as Oestrogel.  Apparently a lot of pharmacies are dispensing it instead of Oestrogel, probably because it is cheaper.

thanks for this information......I think I will e-mail prof S and ask his advice.

Mary G

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »

Meeka, I think that's a good idea.  You could look at some of the posts about Oestrodose on here.
Pages: 1 [2]