Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Nausea on HRT  (Read 1065 times)

DaisyB

Nausea on HRT
« on: October 30, 2017, 08:58:19 AM »

Good morning everyone

Back on for some much needed advice.

I'm on 2 sachets of Sandrena per day, have the Mirena coil in and use testosterone gel just 2/3 a week - small blob. Since April of this year.

Two weeks ago I experienced nausea akin to that experienced in pregnancy. I also had loose bowel movements and put it down to a recent colonic hydrotherapy and IBS.

Yesterday I ate a late breakfast and the nausea returned. The anxiety that has been so well controlled since the HRT kicked in returned - always lurking around the corner!

I haven't had testosterone in 4 days - but I did do vigorous exercise and am wondering can that impact on the hormone balance or Mirena?

Going to get fennel and ginger tea today - but thought I'd post as I am also asking for a review with gynae to check position of coil, ovaries and a smear.

Any advice/guidance is very welcome x

DaisyB x

Hurdity

Re: Nausea on HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 05:39:47 PM »

Hi DaisyB - sorry to hear about your nausea. You will see that there is another thread on this currently. I would try to take your HRT regularly eg the testosterone - keep it up every two days or however you decide so that your hormone levels are as stable as they can be.

The nausea in pregnancy is due to increasing oestrogen and I think progesterone. If you are still having a cycle then maybe around ovulation time you experienced a spike in your natural oestrogen and the added oestrogen has led to this nausea? Depending on how long you've had the Mirena the same thing could happen re the progesterone - althoough not sure how the synthetic progestogen in the Mirena interacts with your own natural progesterone?

I wouldn't have thought exercise would make any real difference  ???

Sorry I can't really give any guidance but hope the fennel and ginger worked. I know that ginger always works for me if I have a funny tum - I usually chew some fresh root ginger as we've always got some in the fridge - great stuff it is too! Let us know how your review goes anyway?

Hurdity x

DaisyB

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »

Thanks Hurdity

Still very nauseous but have been told there's a virus going around with same symptoms - so at the minute I'm not panicking - eating small portions and resting. The spike in hormones is interesting and so I think I'll start to chart and try to keep a decent balance.

Also didn't realise that stopping and starting testosterone could impact negatively- so going to be more consistent from here on in. Review organised so hopefully all is well after the settling in period.

Thanks for your reply

Sincerely

DaisyB

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 05:39:31 PM »

Hi DaisyB - I don't have any information about what happens with inconsistent doses of testosterone and in fact there is very little information on its use in women. However generally once menopausal, hormone stability is key!! Testosterone hangs around in the system for a little bit longer than oestrogen but it's the long term (genomic) effects on the body that build up and take some time - it seems up to 5 months - so obviously the odd day here and there won't hurt but some women are sensitive to fluctuations in any hormones so personally as I said, I would try to stick to the same dose and change it consistently.

Hurdity x