Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Edinburgh visit.  (Read 7902 times)

JKH52

Re: Edinburgh visit.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2017, 05:31:36 PM »

Milly

If you want some places to eat with a good view of the  city :  casual sharing plates. thai restaurant Chaophraya.co.uk, 4Th Floor, 33 Castle St. Harvey Nichols has a 4th floor that has a coffee & cake place, a cocktail bar and bistro with fantastic views.  Also try out Rose Street (runs parallel with George Street and Princes St) it has some great boutiques. Defo get the open top bus - weather permitting ! Theres also the Playhouse Theatre ... Enjoy our city ;-) x
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:11:19 AM by Emma »

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 06:57:31 PM »

We are having 3 days in Edinburgh in October, has anyone got any tips on how to make the best of this visit.
We are going on the train, so hopefully will use public transport and our feet!

There seems such a lot there to do.

Thanks
I am considering doing the same in October (also staying in Premier Inn).  I have been there before but not since 1990 :)

JaneinPen

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »

Would definitely visit the art gallery Milly as it is such a beautiful building and if the weather is okay do the open top bus as you learn so much about a place doing that. Enjoy

milly

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 10:51:16 AM »

So our trip to Edinburgh

What a fantastic city, we loved it. We arrived by train, came up from the station and was immediately struck by how beautiful all the buildings were.

We visited the castle, the royal yacht, holyrood house,the art gallery, walked the royal mile, walked prince street, and just marvelled at everything.

The day fare for the tram and bus was fantastic value, we caught the bus out to the 3 bridges at Queensferry, quite a way all for £4, and was still able to use the ticket elsewhere.

We had our guide dog with us, and everyone was so friendly, she was welcomed everywhere.

Eating out was a pleasure, maybe a little more expensive than expected but it is a city after all.

The only time we felt a little unsure was on the Royal mile when we popped into a bar for 2 whiskys and my husband thought he had bought shares in the place...but probably the most commercial street to choose have a drink!!...but added to the experience.

Lucky ladies who live there.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 02:23:30 PM »

:thankyou:  4 the update!

You'll go again then!

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 11:36:53 PM »

So our trip to Edinburgh

What a fantastic city, we loved it. We arrived by train, came up from the station and was immediately struck by how beautiful all the buildings were.

We visited the castle, the royal yacht, holyrood house,the art gallery, walked the royal mile, walked prince street, and just marvelled at everything.

The day fare for the tram and bus was fantastic value, we caught the bus out to the 3 bridges at Queensferry, quite a way all for £4, and was still able to use the ticket elsewhere.

We had our guide dog with us, and everyone was so friendly, she was welcomed everywhere.

Eating out was a pleasure, maybe a little more expensive than expected but it is a city after all.

The only time we felt a little unsure was on the Royal mile when we popped into a bar for 2 whiskys and my husband thought he had bought shares in the place...but probably the most commercial street to choose have a drink!!...but added to the experience.

Lucky ladies who live there.
  I am off to Edinburgh by train tomorrow.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 11:53:18 AM »

ENJOOY!

Katejo

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 12:20:36 PM »

ENJOOY!
  Thanks! On train now. 😀

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »

Belatedly catching up here - thanks for letting us know about your trip milly and glad you enjoyed it. Sounds great! Really must go again next year if I can, at festival time!

Have fun Katejo - business or pleasure? Even if the former - a great place to have to visit for work! It's a long train journey from SW England which I've done a few times until I changed to flying there...

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »

Belatedly catching up here - thanks for letting us know about your trip milly and glad you enjoyed it. Sounds great! Really must go again next year if I can, at festival time!

Have fun Katejo - business or pleasure? Even if the former - a great place to have to visit for work! It's a long train journey from SW England which I've done a few times until I changed to flying there...

Hurdity x
Leisure.  On way home now. Will add more later.   Now home again after a delayed return train. I thought Edinburgh was fantastic. Had been once before but way back in 1990. On Wednesday I climbed up Scott's tower and then went to Edinburgh Castle. Spent quite a while there and, by chance, saw an entertaining act about the history of the armour worn at the time of Robert Bruce. Weather was grey and drizzly on Wednesday but so much better on Thursday. That meant that I could walk up to Arthur's Seat as I had hoped to do. It was really clear, mild and sunny so the views from the top were superb. After that I did the tour round Holyrood Palace and finally took a look at the Scottish Parliament Building. I was tempted to stay another day and did ask about this at the hotel but an additional night  would have been more than I had predicted so I reluctantly came home today but only after  a bit of shopping. Bought 4 Christmas presents for family and a lambswool scarf for myself. Definitely intend to return in the not too distant future.  :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:49:08 PM by Katejo »
Pages: 1 [2]